September 25, 2024, 02:25:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's see them Lacey's!!  (Read 1323 times)
Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »

Like them Lacey's lets see some!

Seth Gillespie
trapperchick87
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »

this is my Monster

Life's tough...get a helmet
roosterhogdogin
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »

here is my lacy blade

Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 05:17:51 pm »

Rooster did you get that dog from sneaky creek kennels?

Seth Gillespie
TeJaShOgSlAyER
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »

Yes I am pretty positive that the dog that come from Harley! He was a character of his own! As far as I know he was a dang good hunter!

His legacy is rodeo and Cowboy is his name!
Jpepper
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 01:35:07 pm »

Carroll Shelby, 14 months.

Jack Roush, 7 months.

My two pups
jassenswisher1974
Catch Dog

"It takes all kinds."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 09:01:31 pm »

I am from Ohio, We dont have lacys here. Just curious in a nut shell what kinda cur are they? How good of a nose?
thanx

Jpepper
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:53:31 am »

I am from Ohio, We dont have lacys here. Just curious in a nut shell what kinda cur are they? How good of a nose?
thanx

Great nose a Lacy!
trapperchick87
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:04:45 am »

There a smaller type, males no more then 45lbs..like Jpepper said GREAT nose...wouldnt trade mine for anything!!! they give you all there heart and will work their arse off for you!!

Life's tough...get a helmet
jassenswisher1974
Catch Dog

"It takes all kinds."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 10:12:27 am »

Where we hunt hogs in ohio, we only have a few. We are across the river from West Virginia and we are in in the foothills of The Appalachian mountain range. 13 years ago a guy had a boar ranch that was surrounded by 50 square miles of national forrest. The guy went bust and let the hogs loose. These hogs get managed really well cause they get hunted all the time. Every one here in southern ohio hunts and a lot of hogs get killed by accident. Our hogs population isnt out of control. We may average a hog a square mile and they are deep in the woods. We arent allowed atvs cause the forrestry service doesnt allow them in there. A horse would end up breaking a leg back in there. A average hunt is we walk for 300-400 yards and the dogs strike and they go out another 800 yards. We have one good plott but she dropped a litter tuesday and I have two half blue tick half boxers that are my best dogs right now but they are only 11 months old but catch hogs on their own. I have other curs but they dont go very deep and some times we get luck and we'll drop right on a hot track. I am trying to keep an open mind to all dogs, right now plotts are they way to go but am always looking for another breed. Do lacys hunt deep? Our dogs only strike about every 4th time hunting. it takes about 10 hunts to catch a hog. We are also starting from scratch.

Jpepper
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 10:31:58 am »

I'm new to hog hunting with dogs in general so don't think I can answer your question much but I know their are quite a few around here that are experienced with the Lacy breed.

I know of a few people who hunt them up north but mostly down south. They're better suited for the Texas heat and have GREAT stamina and prey drive. I got my 7 month old male just started on some hogs though and he shows some potential, got three Monday with him out in the woods.
Jpepper
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 10:39:59 am »

I tried to edit my post but don't think that option is available on this forum board. Anyways, my female will range out about 1/4 mile at least while in the woods and my male much further. Monday he ranged out a couple hundred yards away from me and got one stopped and turned around at about 75lbs for a cleaner shot by himself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: