September 25, 2024, 10:22:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New catch dog  (Read 712 times)
broncobeast00
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2011, 01:52:34 am »

Ok guys got a 1 year old cd ready to get him catching hogs I need help with how I should train him?

hog hunters do it all night long!
HOGDOGGERSPC
Strike Dog

[IMG]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/MATT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 03:57:04 pm »

put your dog in small pen with a small hog maybe put another dog in there that not to gritty to help your dog get excited, i ususally get in the pen with the dog to help push that hog at your dog if you have a bulldog it shouldnt take but a couple times of that hog getting after him.  your bulldog should catch a ear if he does let him chew or pull on it for a good while so he gets his confidence. i usually will pull the dog off several times and let him go back at the hog to make sure he wants it.  if your dogs any count your pig wont have any ear left and you will have to find another hog to play with.  i will do this a couple days in a row and then i will turn some bay dogs on a pig in the bay pen and hold him back away so he can see and hear whats going on this will help him understand whats going on at the bay.  at this point you are basically teasing your dog.  then i lead him to the pen and cut him loose he should catch a ear at this point i will again let him have his away for a bit.  that is his reward.  i will do this several times until i know he is familiar with the bay.  you should be ready for the woods at this point and lead him into the bay from short distance.  i trash break my cd s also.  good luck.

DOGS UP HOGS DOWN!!!
CentralTex 254
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:44:55 am »

Make sure u have a decent size pig so your dog will gain confidance and not have the propeblems i did on my last one. The pig was bout 25 lbs didnt hit him at all. My dog caught and layed down on top of him like a goofball lol.. He seen a bigger pig and tried this. Lets say he didnt try this very many times.

Come and Take It
I dont like talkers
broncobeast00
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 11:34:37 am »

Thanx guys a lot of help!

hog hunters do it all night long!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: