September 25, 2024, 04:18:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collars and Vests  (Read 944 times)
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2011, 07:35:49 pm »

I am fixing to order 4 vest from Larry Parish. 1 catch dog, 3 bay dogs. I was wondering if most folks rather a vest and a separate cut collar
or the collar made onto the vest. Seems the all in one would limit their movement somewhat. Your thoughts and preferences please.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:40:21 pm »

I prefer them seperate and I like my cut vest to overlap my collar by an inch or two.  I also like my vest to have shoulder flaps.
HDMdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 08:12:41 pm »

i like the collar and vest seperate as well for the cd, id put a vest with shoulder guards, not for all the dogs,
if there dumb n rough bay dogs id run a bay vest, if there gritty and smart, id run nothing on em personally.

'HOG DOG MAFIA WE BAY EM N SLAY EM'
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:01:56 pm »

Jimco, I need to clarify on my previous post.  I missed the fact that you were also asking about bay dogs.  If you can afford a collar (bay dog collar) for each baydog, I would do it.  I wouldn't use a collar if you dont need to (dogs that are not rough).
ca. hogman
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »

I have 2 vest from lary parish and I hade them made with a bib then the collar overlaps and he will put a snap button on it so it stays in place and it dosent inhibit the dog they r the best fit vest I have ever hade so far they have been holding up well no punctures I would recommend them lary will build the vest and collar to wat u want
T.Burdine
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 12:41:36 pm »

heres a question how do you order from larry i have been hearing allot of people on here talk really good about his vests is there a web site or phone #
Boar Collector
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 12:49:42 pm »

P&P Cutgear
Larry: 1-580-367-2860

"Them pigs can run.. but they'll only die tired"
Bigdog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 06:34:03 pm »

jimco i have one of the vest that is made with the collar sewn on an i love it,collar an vest r always together so im not hunting one or the other.my dogs seem to move fine n it as long as u dont get the collar to tight.but u can get it plenty tight with out over doing it.he will also put nameplates on the collar,and i have him cut out a small hole so my shock collar fits snug,if not the  shock collars makes the cut collar stick out and they can get tusk under it.larry is a nice guy to.
BULLMASTER
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »

I  always run vest and collars seperate but have seen them attached on friends dogs and it didnt seem to hinder them at all.Burdine LP makes a great product.
Bar W
Strike Dog

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 11:21:24 am »

Any of you run a tracking collar with his vest and collar? Any problems?
CentralTex 254
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »

I made a cut collar thats pretty tough. its 3 layers of 4in strap with glue in between. I can take a chipping hammer and barely get through it.

Come and Take It
I dont like talkers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: