September 21, 2024, 07:33:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tieing hogs  (Read 1555 times)
PEEWEE
Strike Dog

if you got hogs I can catchum

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

Just curious why do some hunters tie there hogs and take them out alive and what do you do with them because I myself have never tied a hog except for a few to take home to train pups on that i caught in a trap
Boarrunner69
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 03:19:50 pm »

Most people tie them to train pups or take to the buying station.

Flank'em and shank'em
BadBoar30
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 04:24:00 pm »

Prices are descent now-a-days and you can make a little money doing what you love. Alot of guys around me tie up all of their pigs, and take them to  buying station to sell. They run them through a chute, weigh them, and cut you a check right there on the spot. 

SssGet Aheaddd!
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:36:39 pm »

You catch em, tie em, cut their nuts out and send em packing. How do you think barrow's are made for everyone to catch.. Some people kill their hogs while other people tie and work them similar to cattle

Get ahead dog!
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »

I work hogs just like cattle.  That goes for improving the blood in the heard and cutting as many as I can get my hands on so I can catch em later on.  That's how them big barrs with big teeth come about.
PEEWEE
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 06:04:35 pm »

Well around here if a rancher or farmer find out your letting hogs go you won't hunt there no more
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 06:13:46 pm »

thats when you tie em and take em out and sell em to the buyers . farmers happy you got them out you're happy with a little jingle in ya pocket

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
wranglercurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 06:15:29 pm »

So you kill the boars to? Me I'd tie the boar's take them to my pen at home cut an release them in the pen. If I had to take out everything I caught.
PEEWEE
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 06:18:49 pm »

Yep haven't taken a live hog yet
ROCKIN ROO HOG DOGS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:53:45 pm »

I try to take everything out alive if no dogs are hurt and all is going well. Once they are in the trailer its time for bed then decide what to do with them in the morning,usually i have people that want to bbq them so killing and cleaning is done in a convenient spot instead of in the middle of the woods at 2.00 in the morning. It sure is a shame to waste meat whe there are so many hungry people out there,i sure get invited to a lot of party and beer drinkins now that they know i will supply some meat haha.

Quote from the great Will Rogers:
"If there are no dogs in heaven,when i die i want to go where they went"
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:31:54 pm »

I try to take everything out alive if no dogs are hurt and all is going well. Once they are in the trailer its time for bed then decide what to do with them in the morning,usually i have people that want to bbq them so killing and cleaning is done in a convenient spot instead of in the middle of the woods at 2.00 in the morning. It sure is a shame to waste meat whe there are so many hungry people out there,i sure get invited to a lot of party and beer drinkins now that they know i will supply some meat haha.

X2 We hunt at night and dont' get in untill wee hours of the morning and we bring them out alive to butcher them later. But if for some reason we don't want them we will kill them because its the farmers wishes in order for us to continue to hunt their place.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
wranglercurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 12:04:27 am »

Ive only killed three hogs in the woods thats because I was hunting with other guys and they stuck them. We killed two sows and a barr last year. Ive always tied and hauled them out live.
hillcountry
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 07:25:51 am »

I get paid to kill them when the farmers and ranchers see all the buzzards it makes them happy when the buzzards are thick they are happy. The only time we move a hog is when we kill one by a protien feeder,in the middel of the road or in a water hole.

If your scared you can ride in my pocket.
cpasket
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 07:32:28 am »

Iv only killed two hogs sience i bein huntin and thats cuz dog was mwssed ip badbut i taketherest to uncle loyd perry in singalton

Pondarosa cur dogs
boone823
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 07:34:46 am »

We tie and take them out for puppy training. Cut boars and turn loose etc. Maybe hot out meat will spoil I will take them home and feed them worm them and butcher on a cooler morning.  May give them to a needy person.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
S_J_KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 07:59:48 am »

when the farmers and ranchers see all the buzzards it makes them happy when the buzzards are thick they are happy. The only time we move a hog is when we kill one by a protien feeder,in the middel of the road or in a water hole.

x2 An like PEEWEE said any farmer or rancher around here finds out you turned some loose or took them out alive you just lost a place to hunt. Also buying stations around here will not buy dog caught hogs.

Shane
jalston
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 08:57:49 am »

i live in mt. vernon tx. we sell our pigs in winnsboro tx. 15 miles from me      40 cents a pound with a 10 dollar catch bonus for hogs over 200 pounds.   trap hogs u get your money mailed in 1 or 2 days    dog caught will be paid when buyer picks up  once a week and must be alive.
S_J_KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 12:16:45 pm »

i live in mt. vernon tx. we sell our pigs in winnsboro tx. 15 miles from me      40 cents a pound with a 10 dollar catch bonus for hogs over 200 pounds.   trap hogs u get your money mailed in 1 or 2 days    dog caught will be paid when buyer picks up  once a week and must be alive.

Must be nice to have somebody that will buy dog caught hogs. All the local buyers around here will not even look at a hog they think was caught recently with dogs. Plus I do not have the time, money, or set up to hold hogs and feed/doctor them till they are healed enough to sell. Takes too long. I rather kill them an give them to somebody who wants the meat.

Shane
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 12:17:50 pm »

i ty and sale unless its to much work. thats how i pay for gas and dog food

Monty Bennet
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »