September 21, 2024, 12:55:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swelled up elbows  (Read 843 times)
wranglercurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:40 pm »

I have a puppy thats around three months old. She run's loose in the yard. I thought at first she could of got ran over or something but her elbows will swell up. They look like little round golf ball's when they do. Its only in the front legs also. She get's so bad she will not walk and sometimes she will hope around. They stay like this a couple days at a time. She's been doin this almost two weeks now. I dont no what to do for her.
driller1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:42:16 pm »

Maybe fluid

Get them back legs or get out of the way!!!!!!
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »

there is some sort of gland in the elbows that if hit enough they will swell and fill with fluid. i had a couple pups that play rough together and one would swell up like you are saying. i had the pup at the vet and she said the pup would grow out of it once she got some age on her and she did.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
wranglercurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:54:19 am »

Thanks for the help guy's.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 03:17:09 pm »

Two very effective cures for swelling is give liquid calcium gluconate on there food, even try draining it with a syringe.

Anytime anything swells you cant beet DMSO for swelling!
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:00 pm »

its called a hygroma and its pretty common....change the dogs bedding. give it something soft to lay on shavings or such. its mostly cosmetic and i recommend not draining.... any time you do you risk introducing infection.... but im not a vet.

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 03:27:57 pm »

its called a hygroma and its pretty common....change the dogs bedding. give it something soft to lay on shavings or such. its mostly cosmetic and i recommend not draining.... any time you do you risk introducing infection.... but im not a vet.

WOW...you said something smart with out the A$$ on the end  Grin I learned something. Injecting DMSO works great  Evil cut the bottle with a lil water first to activate the heat reacton!
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »

WOW...you said something smart with out the A$$ on the end  Grin I learned something. Injecting DMSO works great  Evil cut the bottle with a lil water first to activate the heat reacton!

WOW...and you spelled all the words in your post right!!!  Cheesy

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
HDMdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 11:38:13 pm »

WOW...and you spelled all the words in your post right!!!  Cheesy

Little is how u spell it not "lil".... I had to do it!  Grin Evil

Intresting information thanks. And goodluck to ya

'HOG DOG MAFIA WE BAY EM N SLAY EM'
wranglercurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 09:37:23 am »

Thanks alot for the info. guy's.
driller1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 11:00:41 am »

No prob. Hope it gets better

Get them back legs or get out of the way!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: