September 16, 2024, 07:20:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jaguars(9 species) - east texas black panther  (Read 11189 times)
wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 01:34:32 pm »

I understand the skepticism due to the human nature of people often being dishonest, and the lack of publicly available evidence.

Consider the cases of the Okapi and mountain gorilla in Africa.  The locals where the large mammals lived had known of their existence and told tale of them.  Outsiders, including government officials of their own countries, dismissed the oral record as nonsensical mythology.  Today both the existences of the okapi and mountain gorillas are verified, and specimens are even living in zoos.

Jaguars are an already discovered creature, and have been known to reside in these regions, and they are becoming more visible in Arizona and New Mexico in recent years for whatever reasons.  So it is more probable that jaguars still exist in Texas than the okapi and mountain gorilla that were only wive's tales or wise tales to people who were not intimate with the land.

I for one do not doubt those who are intimate with the thick, diverse forest of Southeast Texas, who I and others know to be credible.  The creatures are illusive, and rarely seen, but they have been seen, and even photographed.

Perhaps it is best that these secretive creatures remain a secret than only the wise believe.

I don't have a high regard for the average human beings integrity and potential for honesty, but I know that there are people who are honest and no reason to make this sightings up.  There are many reputable and trustworthy people who have seen large black/dark colored cats.  There are also photographs, the ones that I have seen were not substantial due to scale, night time, and the image quality not being of high quality.

2 Kings 2:23-25
wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:26 pm »

I have seen one in east texas with my own eyes,it was black.........it is in the dallas aquarium! Does that count??

If a tornado wrecks it's enclosure and it runs free and is spotted in the wilds it does.

T.Burdine
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »

I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Chester Moore but he is an outdoor writer for the news papers here  and a few wildlife magazines but he is kind of an expert on the jaguar and mountain lion presents in the east Texas area I attended a seminar last year that he hosted on big cats in are area and his research and data show that there in no such thing as a black panther mountain lion but there is such thing as a black jaguar and they have been spotted and killed in the Texas area.  A male mountain lion has a home range of 200 miles same as the jaguar everyone has there own opinions on if they exist or not i have never seen a black 1 but i have seen several mountain lions in southeast texas
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:29 pm »

Im a co-owner in a taxidermy shop that I've had intrest in for 12 yrs now and you would think in 12 yrs as many hunters that are in the woods there would have been someone that would has killed one.

I did know a old timer that had over 40 big cats that he raised mainly Black Leopards,Mt.Lions,Snow Leopards that passed away here about 8 yrs ago and his crazy azz kids just turned all the cats out to the wild. And he was from E.TX.

So there probably some around but I still would think someone would have harvested one over the years.

Same goes for Bigfoot there is more folks looking for BF than ever was looking for Bin Ladin and no one has ever produced one.
Would this by chance be in Wills Point area? There was an exotic ranch out there that let all their cats and exotics out...

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure bigfoots pet chupacabra killed all of the black panthers a long time ago....right before they were abducted by aliens with the loch Ness monster! But don't worry, I hear that Santa, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny are working to bring them back!!!!

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 03:17:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure bigfoots pet chupacabra killed all of the black panthers a long time ago....right before they were abducted by aliens with the loch Ness monster! But don't worry, I hear that Santa, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny are working to bring them back!!!!
LMAO! That's great!!!  Grin

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
tomtom
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »

I saw two at one time. Smaller than the 220lb melanistic monster in the zoo, but every bit of 100+ lbs. I dont care who believes me or not, but I've often wondered myself what they are. So just tossing that out there for those of you wondering if they are a freak melanistic mountain lion. Pretty odd to see two of them at the same time. Jet black.
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 03:58:02 pm »

I basicly got called a liar on here 2 years ago when i talked about shooting at one. I saw it twice in corrigan Tx., Got a real good look at it through my rifle scope. I had the worst buck fever ever once I figured out it was indeed a black cat. This was about 4:00 in the afternoon bright sunny day and grass had just been mowed. the first sighting was about 50 yards away broad side but walked into the woods to fast to get a shot off and then it popped out about 250 yards up the road about half an hour later walking away from me when i shot at him, it was a pretty thin target. I know I saw a black cat about the size of a cur dog with a tail about twice as long as a cur dog.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »

I seen one two years ago on openin weekend. I was sittin in some round bales next to the hay pasture watchin a herd of does and a few fawns playin around. The grass was a little over waist hi causewe hadn't done the 2nd cut yet. Well hear comes prime and I'm waitin on big boy to come out and all of a sudden I saw a black cat jump on of the smaller does. I ain't gonna lie I dam near s*&$ myself. We would usually walk back up to the house since its only a 15-20 minute walk but I called somebody to come get me. This was between rusk and crockett

Country boy can survive
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 07:11:54 pm »

The sacred black panther. Show me a dead one or a pic of a wild one in Texas.   

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Black Hog 69
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 07:16:58 pm »

x2

If ya cant catchem alive leave em alone !!!!!!!!
wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 07:36:40 pm »

have yall seen timberrattlesnakes in the wild?  or alligator snapping turtles?  most people haven't, but they do exist.

wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »

or a better example would be an indigo snake?  I've never seen a wild indigo snake, but that would be up there among the top things I want to see.

how about a central texas whipsnake?  i've only seen one.

wine6978
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 07:47:37 pm »

Well here ya go. My fiance took this picture on a ranch we were on down here. A Blue Indigo!!
DangerZone
Hog Master

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 07:50:31 pm »

I seen a big black cat in delta co. About 5 years ago and land owners has seen a yellow one this last nov. Talked to one of the guys from A&M last year they had pics of one one the colleges preserve and he said they are Spanish Jaguars

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 07:57:00 pm »

awesome snake

wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »

well a lot of people have seen them on here, and a lot are in the same area.

thomas
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 09:05:40 pm »

Black cats have been seen in my area too. North texas, just  south of wichita falls

Thomas Tubb
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 10:10:50 pm »

My dogs caught one in June in Rosharon TX, it was only house cat sized though, im guessing a dwarfed melenistic cougar.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »

Okay, say someone had some pics of one.  Let's just say three so so to fairly decent pics on a good game camera, and one high quality high def picture on a professional grade digital camera showing the whole jaguar(this pretend cat is a panthera veraecrusis)  a supposedly exticnt species.  How much would this be worth to cryptid tv show or say national geographic, or whatever tv show or magazine?  I mean just what would yall suppose if anyone has any type of idea about somethig like this.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: