September 21, 2024, 06:01:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lights  (Read 1022 times)
old cowboy
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:44:53 pm »

What brand of lights do you all use to hunt hogs at night?
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:09:51 pm »

K light.. K-bob is what i use lately. it is light wieght and really bright.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
mkite
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:17:29 pm »

a good ole energizer headlight from walmart, on my second set of batteries in a year and plenty bright for me

Cut 'em loose boys
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 10:54:38 pm »

I had the energizer from wal mart but lost it. So I spent a little more($40) and got the Primos top gun. Man that thing puts out some light. It is a pretty focused beam, but gets out there on the high setting. Most of the time I use it on low with the green filter and it is just right. I also like that it runs on double a's, not triples. So I don't have to carry diff batteries for my light and my garmin.

Show me a good loser and I will show you A loser!!
smarlowe
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 05:35:30 am »

Crystal. Made in ohio. Small and light about like the torch lights. Led style. I used mine on low for bout mnths in deer season never had to charge it.  Bout 100 dollars
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 05:37:46 am »

Conkey's line of Boss lights are second to none. By far the best lights going.

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
Zaneo
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:06:47 am »

I have a streamlight, its bright as heck but the battery dosent seem to last long imo. Ive been useing conkeys a lil bit and there products and service are great.
OCD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 04:22:39 pm »

K light.. K-bob is what i use lately. it is light wieght and really bright.

k light is the best around here

Lighting your way with Kelley's K-Light!
1-800-757-4965
www.kelleysk-lightsupply.com
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 04:43:50 pm »

Man, The $20 dollar walmart brands to the trick! Plus, you never know when you will have to get wet, or muddy, or for that matter lose it. So I say cheaper, and that way you can buy a few of em and keep spares.  Grin JMO

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 04:51:35 pm »

Man, The $20 dollar walmart brands to the trick! Plus, you never know when you will have to get wet, or muddy, or for that matter lose it. So I say cheaper, and that way you can buy a few of em and keep spares.  Grin JMO
x2 except i got the $12  Smiley

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
CentralTex 254
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 10:35:27 pm »

My father n law has the newest stream light out. Its rechargable and that thing is brighter than my 1 mil spotlight no joke. But I wouldnt want to pay what he did for it.

Come and Take It
I dont like talkers
Bino9905
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 11:05:39 pm »

look up Fenix headlamp,
They are like 60 bucks and bad ass.
They have a spot light feature or you can flip this thing down and become flood lamp
brw7979
Alpha Dog

TDHA Member, WWT Offical Scorer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 11:18:17 pm »

Stream light SL-20x led. Has a house charger and car charger. Two different lights, one is 3 LEDs that are pretty bright and don't run the batt down. The other is a regular light and bright. I've had it in water, mud, droped it and it still works like new. I got the plastic one and a metal one. Like the plastic better, don't weigh much and has a good rubber grip on it.

brw7979@yahoo.com
Cell-830-460-0405
josh54
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48:42 am »

mine is from walmart. not sure the brand but they come in bright, extra bright, and ultra bright. ultra bright bein i believe 25 bucks and it has all three above listed settings plus a red setting and a blue setting. and i believe it take 3 triple a's and has a light that shows how much battery is left. and its plenty bright for me.

hog doggin is not a sport....its a way of life!!!!
chads7376
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 08:08:48 am »

mine is from walmart. not sure the brand but they come in bright, extra bright, and ultra bright. ultra bright bein i believe 25 bucks and it has all three above listed settings plus a red setting and a blue setting. and i believe it take 3 triple a's and has a light that shows how much battery is left. and its plenty bright for me.

It is called the Coleman Max. I use it and really like it. Been through several lights and this is my favorite. At $25 bucks its almost a disposable, no harm if ya lose it or get it wet
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 08:12:52 am »

It is called the Coleman Max. I use it and really like it. Been through several lights and this is my favorite. At $25 bucks its almost a disposable, no harm if ya lose it or get it wet

got 2 colemans and love em, i even went the mile and liquid sealed the rims around the lights to make them more water repellant

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
Jonathan Barth
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:38 am »

I`ve got a browing x2 headlight that is super bright,tough, and durable, it lasts a while on the batteries but it uses linithium ones that cost $9 for two >:(so the energizer is what i use most of the time.

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much."
                                              John Wayne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: