September 21, 2024, 12:10:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumping dogs  (Read 2550 times)
brad s
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 07:44:41 pm »

I hear ya! I found a ybm on side of road this time last year and wasn't anymore thn 2 mon old looked like he hadn't ate in weeks so I took him in and he is good natured as can be. And he will hammer a hog! Will not bay is all catch. He has a good home now

I go where the dogs go!
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:41 pm »

i found a walker gyp tied to a tree one night, my dogs were bayin her and she was layin em down, took her home and she was pretty decent on a pig

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
skunkhounds
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »

i hate to see people dump out dogs but i have picked up a few that would flat burn up the woods to fine some pork

Let's make a round
OCD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 07:55:12 pm »

I said all that to say, I hope none of our ethd folks dump dogs. But if you do, please stop. Either have the mercy to put unwanted dogs down or find them a suitable home. Regardless of whether they are of any use to us or not, dogs are a living thing that deserve the respect to be either taken care of properly or humanely dispatched. Another good reason to not dump dogs is that it is a felony.

[/quote]

100% agree

Lighting your way with Kelley's K-Light!
1-800-757-4965
www.kelleysk-lightsupply.com
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 08:14:19 pm »

People dump dogs because the county or city has no rescue group, they figure its better to dump them than to take them to a killing city or county pound, it happens every day and its a reflection on todays society on the way we take care of the most needy animals and humans.  Where i live right now they go to the pounds around here and trade a hog for free dogs to toss into a hog race, we regularly see 1 or 2 every month trying to dig into my ranch or up here next to my kennel, its horrible to have to run them off and then see them run over on us 181 2 or 3 days later into a tortilla, the owners need to be bull whipped in public but it wont happen in my lifetime, this country has killed 50 million unborn children thru abortions, why would a dog matter???lol  Pretty soon they will be coming for the old dogs and hogdogs and next it will be the old geizers like me to dispose or leave laying in the woods for hog or yote bait.  Come to think of it I have not seen a hog dog rescue group on this site, is there anybody somebody can take dogs to so they dont have to be put down or dumped??  I will donate $100 if anybody ever gets a legit irs approved rescued hog dog kennel going??

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
2Brights
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 08:21:16 pm »

I agree  don't dump a dog one of my catch dogs a pit as well was a dumped pup
Sneaky Creek Kennel
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »

I have thought this a thousand times! 9 times outta 10 that dumped dog will be a pit bull or something crossed with one! I want to start Last Chance Kennels and pick up all bulldogs off the road from the pound or shelter and see if I can't teach em a thing or two and give em a job in the hog huntin business. It will be puttin them to good use and gettin em off the streets and fed correctly!  I myself never had a use for pit bulls til I started hog huntin and now I think they are some of the best well mannered obedient dogs I have ever been around. I would rescue the dogs train them to do a job and sell them but not for profit the money would go right back into the dogs and future rescue dogs for dog food and medicine.
Just think the next time you decide to throw a dog out on the backroads what it would feel like to be thrown out in the middle of now where without anything!

Just cause it's simple don't mean it's easy!
poorboyhogdoggen
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 08:32:48 pm »

i agree
ca10j
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »

People dump dogs because the county or city has no rescue group, they figure its better to dump them than to take them to a killing city or county pound, it happens every day and its a reflection on todays society on the way we take care of the most needy animals and humans.  Where i live right now they go to the pounds around here and trade a hog for free dogs to toss into a hog race, we regularly see 1 or 2 every month trying to dig into my ranch or up here next to my kennel, its horrible to have to run them off and then see them run over on us 181 2 or 3 days later into a tortilla, the owners need to be bull whipped in public but it wont happen in my lifetime, this country has killed 50 million unborn children thru abortions, why would a dog matter???lol  Pretty soon they will be coming for the old dogs and hogdogs and next it will be the old geizers like me to dispose or leave laying in the woods for hog or yote bait.  Come to think of it I have not seen a hog dog rescue group on this site, is there anybody somebody can take dogs to so they dont have to be put down or dumped??  I will donate $100 if anybody ever gets a legit irs approved rescued hog dog kennel going??

Dog dumping is WAY worse then abortion. I would whip a dog dumper and i would comfort someone who had to have an abortion. People who are to weak minded to cull a dog somehow justify dumping, that amazes me.
mark
Bay Dog

Me and my main strike dog and buddy(Slick)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 07:50:32 am »

First class post Levi, I live near a land fill and see it all the time . More times than not they go to running calves are killin someones chickens are tearin up garbage and then they get much worse than a humane put down .
willhunt4food
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 08:29:37 am »

Can't stand someone dumping dogs or someone hunting dogs with out a collar with name and ### on it !!!

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
Mark Twain

Proud to be a Mason Danbury #1432
TDHA
mutlycrewhogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 09:13:15 am »

Went to the cemetery with my wife to see her grandpa an there were 11 pups runnin around starving to death. I couldn't take all of ten but I took 5 of them an fed an watered the rest extremely well!! Te five I took I got starte on hogs ended up selling four of them an kept one. He isn't even a year ol yet been in the woods once an caught on both hogs we caught that night!!! Let him see some pigs last night in a trailer an he went plum sideways!!!!! People who dump dogs should be taken out back an handled accordingly!!! It's pathetic an just plum sorry!!!!
Jonathan Barth
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:04 am »

[/quote]People who dump dogs should be taken out back an handled accordingly!!! It's pathetic an just plum sorry!!!!
   x2

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much."
                                              John Wayne.
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 10:55:55 am »

I AGREE. SOMEBODY DUMPED 3 PITS IN MY FRIENDS YARD. I GUESS THEY FIGURED HE COULD USE THEM AS CATCH DOGS. WHAT THEY DID WAS GO BEHIND HIS HOUSE AND KILLED HIS TWO BEST DOGS. HE WAS WORKING ON HIS KENNELS AND HAD PUT THE DOGS ON CHAINS FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. HE LOST TWO HIGH DOLLAR DOGS AND HAD TO DISPOSE OF THE PITS BECAUSE OF SOMEBODY ELSES LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY !

A scared dog dont get no meat !
chainrated
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:09 pm »

I never understood why people think that dropping a dog off somewhere to probably starve to death or worse was better than just putting the dog down.

Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, you might meet em both if you show up here unwelcome son..
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 01:07:42 pm »

I never understood why people think that dropping a dog off somewhere to probably starve to death or worse was better than just putting the dog down.

X 2....

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 01:35:23 pm »

It's been a few weeks since you found him Levi, How's he looking? Post a pic of the lil feller.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: