October 17, 2024, 05:01:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Messed up cross  (Read 1353 times)
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:36:34 pm »

My red heeler male accidentally bred one of my Lacy females and now I have a litter of pups on the ground. How do ya'll think they will turn out and if anyone needs a truck dog let me know.

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
TexasLacy
Strike Dog

Locate, close with, and destroy the enemy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:39:41 pm »

ought to make some real good truck dogs.

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
trapperchick87
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:21:07 am »

should mask some real good cow dogs for sure!

Life's tough...get a helmet
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 02:10:49 pm »

tmatt advertise them on ranchhand.com you can sell ever one of em . but you think you got problems i sold two dogs to a man for his grandson to start huntin , well grandson decided not to hunt just ride his new fourwheeler and forgot about the dogs so i bought a plott gyp back . she was in heat when i picked her up . the man said he put her up so his great pyranees wouldnt get to her . well to make a long story short . i'll trade you some greatpyranees plott cross pups for your heeler lacy pups  Shocked  Grin  Grin  Grin

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
rebel ridge kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »

I wish you were a little closer I would love to have a pup out of that litter.My old red heeler passed away this past fall.He was 15 years old and the best dog I ever had.Ran cattle and horses with him,he would tree squirrels,coons,and ground hogs. Guarded the house and yard until the last hour hr lived. Add a little cur would have to make a good one. 
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 07:40:34 am »

tmatt advertise them on ranchhand.com you can sell ever one of em . but you think you got problems i sold two dogs to a man for his grandson to start huntin , well grandson decided not to hunt just ride his new fourwheeler and forgot about the dogs so i bought a plott gyp back . she was in heat when i picked her up . the man said he put her up so his great pyranees wouldnt get to her . well to make a long story short . i'll trade you some greatpyranees plott cross pups for your heeler lacy pups  Shocked  Grin  Grin  Grin

I think I will take my chances with the heeler/Lacy pups. A good friend of mine sent an APBT to me that had just went out of heat, well about 1 1/2 months later I noticed she was getting big. I called him and asked what she was bred to and he said there hadn't been any males in with her or around her so I sent him a picture of her. He called me back and said he talked to his wife and the only dog that had been around her was their Daschund. Needless to say I had a litters of bullweenies (APBT/dadchund).

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 07:44:10 am »

I wish you were a little closer I would love to have a pup out of that litter.My old red heeler passed away this past fall.He was 15 years old and the best dog I ever had.Ran cattle and horses with him,he would tree squirrels,coons,and ground hogs. Guarded the house and yard until the last hour hr lived. Add a little cur would have to make a good one. 

Where are you located? I have a litter of full blood heelers on the ground right now also. They are Buzzard bred dogs. I made that breeding for a friend of mine that was wanting a heeler pup and my uncle that was wanting a heeler pup, so two of them are spoken for.

SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 08:15:28 am »

I think I will take my chances with the heeler/Lacy pups. A good friend of mine sent an APBT to me that had just went out of heat, well about 1 1/2 months later I noticed she was getting big. I called him and asked what she was bred to and he said there hadn't been any males in with her or around her so I sent him a picture of her. He called me back and said he talked to his wife and the only dog that had been around her was their Daschund. Needless to say I had a litters of bullweenies (APBT/dadchund).

you got pics of them kids?

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 12:02:43 pm »

Not yet, I will as soon as they open their eyes though. I already took care of the tails on the heeler pups, now I am debating about the heeler/Lacy pups' tails. I don't know what they will look like when they are grown so I don't know if I should dock their tails. I don't like the way a heeler looks with a tail. What's ya'lls opinion on this?

CENTEX FINDER/HOLDERS
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 01:05:23 am »

No reason those dogs wouldnt make hog dogs. Healers have some grit and intelligence to em, and the lacys got grit and good nose/strikin ability. Think your sellin em stort bud.
Dexter
Hog Master

Confetti Catahoulas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 03:57:03 am »

No reason those dogs wouldnt make hog dogs. Healers have some grit and intelligence to em, and the lacys got grit and good nose/strikin ability. Think your sellin em stort bud.

X2

Confetti Catahoulas
Skip A Rope Catahoulas
skip_a_rope_catahoulas@yahoo.com  confetti_catahoulas@yahoo.com
Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49:43 am »

I would really like to have one of those heeler pups! I've always had a heeler my last one just passed away I like to use them to help pen the ropin steers. The steers know where to go they just need a little extra "want to" every now and again. 254-216-0510 call me or txt me either one!

Seth Gillespie
HOGDOGGERSPC
Strike Dog

[IMG]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/MATT

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:59:15 pm »

my heeler is hog catching machine!!!

DOGS UP HOGS DOWN!!!
rebel ridge kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 06:07:55 am »

I am in Kentucky.
Corey
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:39 am »

You may end up with some real a$$ eating hog stoppers. IMO Alot of my bay dogs would could benefit from from stock working instinct.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: