September 22, 2024, 04:31:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TDHA hunt 1st place!!!!!!!  (Read 4637 times)
dogginboars32
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »

good job! bet it feels good to bring home that buckle.
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 08:56:03 pm »

Way to go......congratulations

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
Abel-11
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 09:42:12 pm »

Well Friday we all took off work and hung out, around 4:30 p.m we went and picked up some dogs BOB, MOJO, LB "aka" LITTLE BOB, SADIE, TIGER AND PEPPER catch dogs were HARLEY and SHERK. By that time it was already 5 p.m so let the tournament begin!!!! We got to our frist place and drove to the back of the place where we have always caught some good hogs, when we got there we turn the dogs loose and before you know it MOJO or BOB let the hound barks loose, waited a sec for all the dogs to get there then once they had a good bay turned HARLEY and SHERK loose, I was the first one to get there and legged the hog I was screaming "BIG HOG" once everybody was there we turned him over and started pulling catch dogs off, and tied him up....
    Loaded the dogs up and went to another good spot around 6:00 got there around 6:20 turned the dogs loose and they were off, dogs were making good runs but nothing.... As it was getting dark Clayton and I walked down to the swamp while everyone else was at the ranger drink a BEER, and before you know it we were a good ways alway for from the ranger!!! As the dogs were gettting a drink, we looked at BOB, and he threw his nose up and in the woods he goes, I looked at Clayton and said 2 mins and before you know BOB goes to barking as more dogs get there the hogs hog decided that it wanted to go for a 3 mile jog, Clayton and I were hot on her tail with no catch dogs, we called the guys and told them to bring the catch dogs but we were way to deep in the woods so they had to drive around to the next place, as they were driving around, we finally got to were they had her bayed up... She was in a creek bottom so we couldn't see anything so we went around to the other side of the bank and looked down and all we could see was a big fat sow... No catch dogs so are plan was to dance with the devil, but before we could she ran down hill charging the dogs, CHIP grabed her by the ear long enough for us to side down the creek bank and grab on... Sow was 255 lbs

Saturday we went to another good spot and swaped some dogs out... RD, RB, LB, PEPPER, CHIP, and TIGER... SHERK and HARLEY as the catch dogs.. Turned dogs loose 40 mins in to the hunt and nothing so we loaded up and went across the road.. Turned loose and before you know it dogs go crazy, turned catch dogs loose, as i got there it was a 130 lb sow threw her down Derek and Brandon were rite behind me.. As we started to tied her dogs went crazy again, told derek and brandon to tie her.. I took off with sherk and turned him loose got there and it was a good little red hog, Clayton threw me his knife and I stabbed him... We told Derek and Jordan to go ahead and stab the sow.... As we were walking out off the woods dogs go crazy again.. We tough the young dogs were on the hogs that we stabbed.. So Clayton and I turned around and headed there but it wasn't the dead hogs... As we got closer the hog broke, an that's when RD decided to case the hog 26 miles on as we got within 100 yards the broke again and again.... No catch dogs again as Clayton and I are on the way to track him down pups find hogs after hogs all were around 120 mark finally 26 miles later RD comes back and they pick us up on the HH kids place... Time for lunch and swap some dogs out....
   Loaded up the Friday crew for the afternoon hunt and same thing all the hogs were around the 150 mark so we stabbed them all... Saturdays hog count around 13... Got done around 8:00 p.m
  Sunday morning is when it all went down!!! We only have two good hogs in the trailer so we need three more.... We loaded all the strike dogs up even BLACKIE he's been out for about a two months with an injury.. Went to the bottom and first bay it's a good boar that went 285, Brandon and I stayed and pulled him out of the woods.. As we were pulling,  we have another bay on good boar.. Dogs were going crazy on that place.... We need one more good hog to have a chance so we tied a 130 lb sow... That was around 9:45 we knew there was another good hog in the woods were we caught the first boar Friday so we went back and caught another good boar haul ass to the truck put him in the trailer and off we went.....
DOGS DID OUTSTANDING!!!!!! dereks BUSTER dog stepped it up this weekend and was acting like his dad RB.... BLACKIE was a big help on Sunday glad he is back.... Didn't have a lot of time to take pics but here is a couple.... BUCKLES ARE NICE..... TOTAL HOGS WHO KNOWS???

D.Trey
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 07:14:28 am »

You told it good Abel!!! Our team and dogs worked hard and it sure paid off for us!!
Boss Hoggin Outlaw
Strike Dog

335 lb. barr hog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 11:32:25 am »

who all was on the winning team?

He who kneels before God can stand before any man.
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 12:25:29 pm »

good deal able.. what is up with you saying how long it will be until the next bay? lol at the swamp that day you said "5 minutes" and you were right. lol

Can you predict how long it will be before I get another bay? All this rain has got us shut down this weekend I think. Huh?

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
derbettis
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:15 pm »

i been hunting a few years lookin forward to winning one of those hunts myself congrats but i aint caught but one barr in my few years it weighed 375 pds. i was wondering how many barrs yall had
Abel-11
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 09:30:21 pm »

Thank's everyone!!!!!! Love the buckle!!! Peachcreek, I'm just lucky!!!! Does three hogs we caught were sure enough over 300 pounds easy... Can't wait to do it again!
fatboy outfitters
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 06:04:03 am »

We haven't caught a barr in a long time.  We turned in 4 boars and one sow. About two years ago we caught a barr hog that weighed a shade over 400lbs. Just not alot of barrs in our area I guess   
driller1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:46 am »

Nice story

Get them back legs or get out of the way!!!!!!
Black Hog 69
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 10:16:55 am »

x2

If ya cant catchem alive leave em alone !!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: