September 20, 2024, 02:21:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Man date"  (Read 2369 times)
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »

So... apparently my wife has signed me up for a "social man date" of sorts this wknd.... Grin

... the older I've gotten, quite frankly, the fewer people I actually care to be around...  let alone spend my ever diminishing free time with... 

... the handful of friends I do allow into my "inner circle" lol... are typically battle tested friends, relationships formed and shaped many years ago...

SO...  Grin  My wife has been hangin' out with another mom from my daughters school and they both seem ta get along real good.... good for them right? Grin... but now the husband apparently wants to meet me and "hang out"... hence, the "man-date" theme lol...  Undecided Grin

My gut tells me the odds of us hitting it off are about as probable as a snowball's chance in Hades... but to placate the wife... I'm gonna try to play along...

... this thing has got me to thinking... "what type of person do YOU tend to get along with?"... 

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »

hunters mainly, dont have many friends up here period since its a tree huggers society around here

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
JRyanS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:28:51 pm »

Sports enthusiast and or hunters. If you have your collar popped when I meet you you could be the pope and i'd ride you off as a douche.
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:42:14 pm »

hahaha... man, I'm tryin' to see a patern in those that I consider close friends... some are hunters, some are anti-hunting intellects... some are athletes, some couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack  Grin

I'd say one thing we all share in common, would be the fact that we share a passion of some sort... be it hog hunting, surfing, freediving... all of my friends "are" because we have had the chance to bond while "doing something" relatively extreme...

A "necessity" to create true friendship?  For me it would seem...

Welcome to the Gun Show

smacdown
Catch Dog

If its easy I dont want it...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:18:52 pm »

Never know man every stranger is a possible friend lol.
JRyanS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:41:04 am »

hahaha... man, I'm tryin' to see a patern in those that I consider close friends... some are hunters, some are anti-hunting intellects... some are athletes, some couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack  Grin

I'd say one thing we all share in common, would be the fact that we share a passion of some sort... be it hog hunting, surfing, freediving... all of my friends "are" because we have had the chance to bond while "doing something" relatively extreme...

A "necessity" to create true friendship?  For me it would seem...

I just need some way of relating to them. I'll usually open the door myself and try to talk to get to know them.
Oly
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:09:32 am »

... the older I've gotten, quite frankly, the fewer people I actually care to be around...  let alone spend my ever diminishing free time with...  

x2

"If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself--- then outlaw I am"
RL
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:35 am »

For me, it is marathoners and cyclists  ...  as that is what I do all the time.  I normally run 50 to 70 miles per week and ride a similar amount.  So that tends to form my social group.  Trapping hogs is a solitary endeavor for me and I don't take "friends" with me.
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:11 am »

Well… I can relate to just about anyone that isn’t full of chit!!! LOL!  Evil If you’re down to Earth and don’t think you’re all that and a bag of chips then you’re ok in my book. I try my hardest not to judge, as I do not like being judged myself. I normally give someone the benefit of the doubt, unless there is just an obvious sign to back off. So I guess I can get along with most… But I’m with you on the wifey making play dates for you… that is a no no… LOL! I wouldn’t mind maybe going out with the couple with your wife, but having the guy over to “hang out” and not by your choice, I don’t know about that. That would probably end up awkward. LOL!  Shocked

To me, there is a certain kind of trust that is earned by the people you hold dear and close. This isn’t something that is given out like the acceptance of a new comer. This is a certain type of love… I would die for most of my true friends, but at the same time I feel I have selflessness to try and save or help someone I do not know. I do not have any brothers or sisters, and a lot of the people I hold dear I have known for quite some time. So there is a definite line between true friend and acquaintance.  angel

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
curdog87
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 09:44:54 am »

I personally don't give a darn as long as i'm haven a good time. Tho when its rodeo time everybody gives me hell cuz i'll cinch up to a bull, then run over and rope with a buddy of mine. And we all know how the rodeo circuit works, DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. Plus they are there for the money i'm there to have a good time and usually hurt myself. Then again my best bud is a die hard deer hunter and I hog hunt, but hes the first one to get in there if I can't to jump hog that hog if its doin work on the dogs.
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 01:10:13 pm »

Good luck Noah,.....you're gonna need it bud..... Undecided I know you'll give the guys a fair chance.....and that's good enough. I find that the older I get, the less I like people,.....not real sure just why that is....but it is. I cannot stand to be around a know-it-all....they make me very angry and I wind up wanting to choke 'em most of the time. But unless you're one of them or total nit-wit, I can get along with you. I don't do well with 'bark eaters' or 'leaf lookers', but most folks are fairly easy to get along with I reckon.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
ROCKIN ROO HOG DOGS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:14:16 pm »

S.W.I.N.G.E.R.S. Huh??? Evil

Quote from the great Will Rogers:
"If there are no dogs in heaven,when i die i want to go where they went"
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »

S.W.I.N.G.E.R.S. Huh??? Evil

Shocked
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 06:58:50 pm »

HAHAHA.... wouldn't be the first time I've been set up for weird chit like that lol....  Undecided Grin 

If this wasn't a family oriented site I could tell yall some strange tales of some freaky people I've encountered over the years.... usually the ones you would never suspect too...  Shocked Grin

Welcome to the Gun Show

matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »

Do we need to add an "AFTER DARK" section Noah haha.

I have friends from many different walks of life.  Id say honesty and people who have nothing to prove and who I don't need prove anything to are some of the qualities I see in most of my friends.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
waylon-N.E. OK
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:48 pm »

I don't like most other humans, that's why I hang out with dogs all the time.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Specializing in hard to find cold nosed armadillo dogs.
Osage County,Oklahoma
http://www.ok-federation-of-coonhunters.webs.com/
Eric
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 08:53:37 am »

Just act rediculous and embarras her.... hopefully she will learn her lesson. Wink

"Capitalsim, God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor." http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=HAQ4yNgXelk
Oly
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 03:08:11 pm »

so how did it go??? u have a new hunting buddy?  Evil  Evil  Evil Grin  Grin  Grin

"If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself--- then outlaw I am"
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »

HaHa if I was to ever set Allen up on a 'Man Date' he would kill me hands down....we do not socialize much at all so to introduce him to another individual is like pulling nails....I have to remind him constantly of just how in the world he got the literal handful of friends he has today because they didn't just magically appear!
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »

Grab a beer and shoot the chit.  In my experience, the more time you spend around people the better you get at judgeing a person's character.  I have done my share of "people watching" soI usually know before the first beer is down if i'm gonna buy another..  My bet would be you've done your share of people watching and can judge character.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: