September 28, 2024, 05:44:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Fowl School !!!!  (Read 52769 times)
YELLOWBLACKMASK
Lord of the Hogs

Keep em Straight and Keep em Yeller

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 10:05:08 pm »

Here is couple more of my young stags. They all came pearl legged. But me as a color stickler...I want them solid grey with green or blue legs....why.Huh???   Cause of my OCD. Hehe.

halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 10:27:42 pm »

lol i've schooled a bunch of fellers in my day . but strickely in the gaff shame it ain't legal no mo .but like i told em all   THAT DAMN SHORT KNIFE WOULD BE THE RUIN OF THIS SPORT .  all the major breeders went to breeding for speed and no bottom. they done bred the spurs plum off the hen lines . hell i could condition a show of good cuttin white legorns and be in the money in the knife . i wish i still had all my old birds but i keeps me a few on hand , had a tornado wipe me out in 2002 . that little wind storm set me back about $ 50,000.00 dollars  i got me some yellow leg hatches and a few of slims chickens around the house just to mess with and some line bred joe good kelso's wich came from slim via joe loosing a dominoe game to slim . what's the biggest shame of all is my neighbor is a J.P. out here gotta be nice .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 11:49:03 pm »

funny story i rem of my younger days, a fella showed up with a leg horn that whooped up on every rooster my papa had on his yard  laugh

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 06:28:52 am »

halfbreed, explain the different class of fights such as the short knife and how they differ. It's not legal no more so I don't see why we can't talk about it. Also explain a little bit about how to condition a bird. I'm just curious as I know very little about it.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 08:32:35 am »

some terms and conditioning would be nice to learn

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39:26 am »

gaff , is a small steel kinda needle like these test the true gameness of a bird fights can go a long time , the short knife is 1in or so knife birds that hit the body an neck are best , long knife is 4in or so knife im not a big fan of long knife lots of lucky shot win  most fights are only for the birds to break a few times , of coures this was back when it was legal not any more

i would post pics but donno how legal that would be so....
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2012, 11:59:32 am »

halfbreed iv faught with the best and beat the best, but i desagree with you about it dont take bottom in the knife. if thiers no time limmit and both cocks get cut down  it takes a game rooster to keep pecking if he cant walk or crawl.  old man told me if my roosters are breathing they better show fight.  i faught all the 3  weapons. long knife was my favorite, but were i live there more mexicans and they fight the short nife. so i learned to fyt that weapon. made alot of money with the old knife.
here is a pic of 3 weapons
1 long knife- t bolt 3 inches
2 is a red boot an short knife  1 inch
3  these are gaffs   ,  made by  duke 74     lenght  2 1/2 inches

Monty Bennet
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2012, 12:18:45 pm »

yes the birds [ a few ] may still have bottom but the short knife is strickley for and pushed in the U.S.A by the gamblers . they wanted fast money turn overs and no drag pit , thus the time limit and draws on [ shows ] . the gamblers would just by a dozen preconditioned cocks and go to a derby sometimes never seeing the roosters till show day . the demand for these type roosters pushed most the breeders to start breeding roosters just to sell to the gamblers . these short and lomg knife [ shows ] are the ones the hsus and peta vidioed to show the public how  [ cruel ] the sport was . you see it was legal to have tournaments to test the birds , but gambling was illiegal and the knife shows were for no more than the gamblers that never owned a chicken . these are my views and will never be changed . all you boys  that want to know more can go to www. gamerooster.com it's a good site with a forum . i actually feel uncomforatable even discussing it in these days and times . and remember to get in trouble with the law on these birds is to just show INTENT and loose em all plus your dogs and any other livestock on your place . be carefull out there lol

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2012, 01:17:09 pm »

yur right it was fast money, and you didnt have to stay in a drag pit for a hour to win a fight,  i guess ppl got lazy an went with a faster way to win the same money as a gaff fighter less work same money.

Monty Bennet
fonzie
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »

I've seen some number 2ty knife fights las a ling time... My dad fought a blue bird at red river for 4hr in the drag pit... Best blue bird I've ever bred they were blue/Boston roundhead/gavilan hatch...
fonzie
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 01:33:13 pm »

Damn stupid smart phone.....lol
*correction*
I've seen a few short knife fights last a ling time...
YELLOWBLACKMASK
Lord of the Hogs

Keep em Straight and Keep em Yeller

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 01:54:28 pm »

The way you boyz have kinda broke it down to us is....to be able to identify the bloodline of bird is kinda a combination of physical appearance along with the actual breeder who kept and raised them for a prolonged timeframe.

Hence the last names associated with them.

Morgan Whitehackle
Mclain Hatch
Joe Goode Grey

Can one or both of you boyz breakdown some of the physical appearance that are commonly used to identify each individual strain?
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2012, 06:41:07 pm »

ha ha man if i ever saw a knife show last that long i'd pull the heads off both of them .   bout the same as the drag pit in the gaff . the chickens may have been dead game , but couldn't cut worth a lick lol as far as the basic breeds now days they call em all sorts of stuff but i would seiriously doubt you could buy a pure law grey or a pure hatch this day and time them folks been dead and gone a long time most are watered down a bunch and you can get what someone says is this or that but just like dogs the good stuff is hardly ever for sale . slim benoist is i think still alive he was a few months ago anyway and lilly goode is still sellin birds [ joe goodes wife]  but they are being bred by a grandsson or so i think . but either one of them has some good kelso blood . and the loe goode greys are hard to beat . i was huntin all my pictures a while ago thought i had em on a vidio disk i guess not . i'll have to buy me a printer copier thingy for this computer and show ya some birds . i ain't had to much luck hatchin any out this year or last or i'd turn some loose

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 08:56:58 pm »

this is the last hoover warhorse cock that is running loose on my yard.

iv got alot of biddies out of him this year.

Monty Bennet
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »

monty are war horses black all over?

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32:41 pm »

the bacon warhorse is solid black , legs are a slate grey color on the legs

the hoover warhorse has a lemmon neck around his hack feathers,
i got these birds from westcoast game farm in calif.

Monty Bennet
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2012, 09:35:27 pm »

hes pretty i like em!

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile