September 27, 2024, 01:25:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Fowl School !!!!  (Read 52738 times)
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »

Nothing special but we cross him over some laying hens.  I don't even know what he is truthfully or of he's a full game bird or not.

jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »

I also want to get me a pair of these Tomaru' long crowers to keep in a flight cage. Check out the link and click on the two audio players
and listen to them crow.

http://www.longtail-fowl.com/tomaru.html

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:05 pm »

ba-iv, looks like hes blueface or robbins hatch, good looking

Monty Bennet
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 08:15:18 pm »

I'll find out from him tomorrow and see what the guys says.  I'm fixing to buy another rooster identical to the one in the picture.
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 08:18:26 pm »

another hippy chckn

mclain hatch
after 24 yrs this is what i got left to remeber all my derbys

good times

Monty Bennet
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 08:26:31 pm »

Monty, did you ever come to Sunset,La. and fight against those cajun cocks?

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »

white claret/ griffin claret

deadly cutters in the knife, had these chckn long time.

lacey round head hen.

Monty Bennet
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 08:40:54 pm »

no sir never made it to sunset. faught ark,la,tex and down by maryville and another pit up in the north part of la cant remeber the name. faught in okl alot, texhoma, cripplecreek , moonlight pit , thackerville, also faught in new mexico, hobbs pit and in jal. and faught alot in the brush in tx.

Monty Bennet
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 08:45:26 pm »

Dang Monty Merryville is 15 mins from the house. I'm young so I caught the end of the chicken fighting years. I bet you've fought against a few guys I know.

That rooster might be kelso and Allen Roundhead if that means anything but can't be for sure because that's a second hand information on the rooster.
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »

just the topic ive been waiting for, as you know im lookin to get some and ive found some good roosters and just want some feed back.

this is one i really like. what yall think?

also another rooster that will come with 4 hens

does this look to be a half breed?

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »

if he has dark leggs i dont thank he could be that. if there white or pearl or yellow then yes.

Monty Bennet
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59:13 pm »

sch, the red rooster looks good, maybe a claret.
first grey cock looks like a sweater grey or a hatch/grey.
peahead stag brass back looks like a old joe goud grey, yur stag may have some round head or albany in him?
good looking birds i sure miss it. most of my chicken fight buddies have past away. i learned alot from them old overalls they wore

Monty Bennet
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 09:04:31 pm »

thanks monty i really like the red one.

i do remember my grandfather having some fightin roosters. rem hangin out in the loft of the barn with him and his old timers fightin their roosters. those were fun times. i was maybe 6 or 7 at the youngest.

he had alot of all white ones tho, several red ones like the one below.

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
DWEST
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »

sure is neat to see ya'lls birds...but all of it's like greek to me.

I do have some kin up in/around cottandale AL, and i remember as a kid goin up there and seeing a bunch of roosters penned up in (i think was a great uncle or cousin's) yard and askin my grandpa what they were for...as i had never seen someone need so many roosters...he kinda blew me off, but being the little pest i was i found out later on, and even got to see some of the "knives" ( i think thats what you call 'em)

but i will always remember something i heard about breeding, that i heard from a chicken man..."you always build your barn before you try to paint it"...and im trying to keep this in mind as i try to line up a female to breed my male dogs to.
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:49 pm »

spanish jerezanos from florida very game little birds

the little spangled stag

ko shamo used to have a few they are cool little birds an game lol i only got her left

penny hatch

greyXhatch

greyXasil

white hackle

blue Xgrey

RoundHead

Asil

asilXhatch
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 09:21:05 pm »

blue hydrabad asil  he is moulting or he would look really good
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 09:30:53 pm »

joe we outta get together and have a little chicken party and invite any ethd member to come and cook hambergurs and we could have side betting.lol

Monty Bennet
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 09:33:03 pm »

maybe fry some chicken lol  Grin
sanman
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 09:47:16 pm »

Mr. Monty, was it Starks you came down to? It's about 20 or so minutes south of Merryville. D&D Game Club was there just off Hwy 12, just behind the scales. We fought 3 or 4 knife derbys there back in 88 or 89. There was also the Circle Club in Vinton, about 10 minutes further south. I lived in Buna, and me and a buddy, Melvin Shepherd, had green legged democrats from a guy named Bubba Thompson. They called him Little Mafia, all tatted up long haired biker. Short guy, about 5'2. He was pretty well known down here.  He got us started, and really helped us along with our keep and conditioning. Melvin handled our birds, and I tied. That's all I can remember about the birds. Wish I had taken pictures. Me and Melvin kinda fell out, and I went to West TX to rodeo when I graduated. Melvin went on to feed and condition for another guy who had a big yard, but I don't remember his name. I think Melvin is up in Crockett now. I don't know what ever happened to Mr. Bubba, or that lin of birds he had been working on for about 15 years at that point.
sanman
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »

Mr. Monty, was it Starks you came down to? It's about 20 or so minutes south of Merryville. D&D Game Club was there just off Hwy 12, just behind the scales. We fought 3 or 4 knife derbys there back in 88 or 89. There was also the Circle Club in Vinton, about 10 minutes further south. I lived in Buna, and me and a buddy, Melvin Shepherd, had green legged democrats from a guy named Bubba Thompson. They called him Little Mafia, all tatted up long haired biker. Short guy, about 5'2. He was pretty well known down here.  He got us started, and really helped us along with our keep and conditioning. Melvin handled our birds, and I tied. That's all I can remember about the birds. Wish I had taken pictures. Me and Melvin kinda fell out, and I went to West TX to rodeo when I graduated. Melvin went on to feed and condition for another guy who had a big yard, but I don't remember his name. I think Melvin is up in Crockett now. I don't know what ever happened to Mr. Bubba, or that lin of birds he had been working on for about 15 years at that point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: