October 28, 2024, 04:22:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saltydog Catahoulas--doin' it my way  (Read 13100 times)
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 02:57:48 pm »

Your dogs work phenominal if I like what you like...

So, what do you like?
Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 03:38:42 pm »

not at all.  your talking in circles a d dancing around legit questions that most people would answer when they spent as much time as you describe in breeding and developing and maintaining their line.  All anyone wants is  straight answers outta ya.  hate to say it but your comin off as a dog peddler.

RD, sorry you can't "get it". I've explained enough. Dog peddler? I suppose you missed the couple times I mentioned I could care less about selling dogs, I breed for what I want. Why don't you read what I've said, not what you want to hear.

Scott, read the thread.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »

Why don't you read what I've said, not what you want to hear.

Scott, read the thread.

i tried but got dizzy from the circles and sick from the smoke inhalation.  Grin
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 03:53:11 pm »

MAN JUST END THIS AND SAY WHAT YOU BREED FOR, IE. A ROUGH DOG, LEG, HUNT MED TO CLOSE, LOTS A BOTTOM ETC.

DWEST
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 04:14:30 pm »

Your dogs work phenominal if I like what you like...

So, what do you like?

MAN JUST END THIS AND SAY WHAT YOU BREED FOR, IE. A ROUGH DOG, LEG, HUNT MED TO CLOSE, LOTS A BOTTOM ETC.

Again, I started this thread for those who are truly interested in how my program works as well as my approach to MY standards. I breed for what I want, not for the public. If someone wants to purchase my over flow, and they think close enough to me and my ideas, they will like my dogs and do very well with them. The few that want to take exception and keep challenging me that I'm wrong about my approach, they will not get along with my dogs. I can NOT see the logic of somebody trying to prove me wrong on my own thread about what my views are about MY project. Makes no sense to me, yet I will stay polite.

I breed my dogs according to what I want MY dogs to do. My dogs are proven, to most that try them. Some who tried them and didn't like them moved on because their ideas and mine were different. Most are very satisfied. This thread is about What makes me, "Saltydog Catahoulas" tick--some of the philosophies I follow. Some folks get it just fine.  Others just don't see it. A few want to get "people aggressive".

again...i think this is all anyone has been asking you.  If you didnt want to answer, dont...just doesnt look good to talk in circles.

you talk about your standards and how you like a dog to hunt...but you havent explained either one
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 04:17:29 pm »

i cant help but keep coming back to this one to see if anything gets answered.
Corey
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »

I reread 1st post, I am sorry i didn't notice it sooner.

My current string of dogs vary, just like anyone else’s would. Some dogs will hunt close and some range way out. Some bay back a ways, yet some are gritty enough to go in and catch. Wouldn’t we all love to have a yard full of strike dogs, but not every dog is going to finish out as a jam-up strike dog. Just the way it is.
[End Quote]
Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 04:30:23 pm »

Hey Ed, Let's hear about YOUR breeding program?? You too, RD, lets see what YOUR credentials are?

I don't have time for this debating, Just read the thread if you want, like it or hate it--I don't really care. You don't like the way I do things, sorry. Like Mike likes to say "don't come back" 
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 04:33:48 pm »

I DOINT HAVE A BREEDING PROGRAM.

Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »

What I thought. Do Own a dog?
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2012, 04:56:12 pm »

I've got some breeds that I've been working on for a while now... Don't know if I'm doing it right or not though... LOL! I think something may be missing... They should be able to hunt though, right??? LOL!

(Just figured I'd break the ice here man... getting thick!!!)

All in good fun...  Wink Grin Evil

Salty, I'd like to see some current pics of your dogs if you don't mind posting them up?

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
H.Wilson
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2012, 05:06:38 pm »

I've got some breeds that I've been working on for a while now... Don't know if I'm doing it right or not though... LOL! I think something may be missing... They should be able to hunt though, right??? LOL!

Salty, I'd like to see some current pics of your dogs if you don't mind posting them up?

I think they will work as big as them red things are just give him some hobbles hog should be caught and on its way back before you get to the bay lmfao

It might be lonely at the top but it's a bitch on the bottom
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2012, 05:09:00 pm »

I BREED CATAHOULAS FOR 10 YEARS OR SO, NOT TO SELL THOUGH, AN THEY WERENT HIGH POWER OR ANYTHING SPECIAL BUT WHEN I DID, I BRED FOR GRIT, AN LEGGIE DOGS THAT COULD DO IT FAST AND ALL DAY. BRED FOR A BLOCKER HEAD, NOT THE THIN NOSED DOGS. IF ANYONE ASKED I TOLD THEM, NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE AROUND TO HEAR.  I WASNT VAGUE. NOW ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS SITE KNOWS THAT DOGS ARE LIVING CREATURES AND NOT ROBOTS SO YOU DONT ALWAYS GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF A PAIRING, BREEDING DOGS AINT LIKE BAKING A CAKE, 1 PT THIS AND 3 PARTS THAT AND WAALA. YOUR BEING VAGUE AND EVASIVE. AN I WAS TRYING TO GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, AND BE NEIGHBORLY AS YOUR AN OKIE, AN IVE SEEN SOME OF YOUR DOGS YEARS AGO AT BAYINGS, BUT YOU COME AT ME? KID GLOVES ARE OFF.

Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »

Hey Ryan, now THAT's taking "outcross" to the limits!! LOL!!
Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »

I BREED CATAHOULAS FOR 10 YEARS OR SO, NOT TO SELL THOUGH, AN THEY WERENT HIGH POWER OR ANYTHING SPECIAL BUT WHEN I DID, I BRED FOR GRIT, AN LEGGIE DOGS THAT COULD DO IT FAST AND ALL DAY. BRED FOR A BLOCKER HEAD, NOT THE THIN NOSED DOGS. IF ANYONE ASKED I TOLD THEM, NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE AROUND TO HEAR.  I WASNT VAGUE. NOW ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS SITE KNOWS THAT DOGS ARE LIVING CREATURES AND NOT ROBOTS SO YOU DONT ALWAYS GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF A PAIRING, BREEDING DOGS AINT LIKE BAKING A CAKE, 1 PT THIS AND 3 PARTS THAT AND WAALA. YOUR BEING VAGUE AND EVASIVE. AN I WAS TRYING TO GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, AND BE NEIGHBORLY AS YOUR AN OKIE, AN IVE SEEN SOME OF YOUR DOGS YEARS AGO AT BAYINGS, BUT YOU COME AT ME? KID GLOVES ARE OFF.

I'm not evasive. Just because YOU don't understand what I've said does not make me vague or evasive. Put your kid gloves back on, I'm just jabbin' back at you guys a little. "Why don't you just end this and answer my question--Do you own a dog??" Well do ya? it's a simple question. LOL!! Evil
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2012, 05:27:15 pm »

I FEED 6 DOGS

ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »

NOW ITS YOUR TURN

Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2012, 05:32:48 pm »

NOW ITS YOUR TURN

I got 14 gravy-lappers, 7 are puppies. It beats the days when I HAD a few more. Quite a few more, that is. LOL!!
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2012, 05:35:31 pm »

I HAVE RUSSIAN BEAR DOGS, THEY RUSH AROUND THE CORNER AND BEAR DOWN ON A BISCUT

ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »

YOU COUD OUT CROSS TO MY DOGS AND HAVE SOME BISCUITS TO GO WITH THE GRAVY

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print