October 28, 2024, 06:27:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saltydog Catahoulas--doin' it my way  (Read 13165 times)
Corey
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 11:08:56 am »

I'll start by saying I should probably just keep my mouth shut and move on. But i am having a real hard time finding a definitive goal or standard that you've bred toward for 23 years as far hunting style of YOUR line.  Which is fine if it suits you, i can understand you not wanting to commit your dogs into a category, and push potential customers away if that catagory is not their style. I'll be very straight forward and tell you, after looking over your site i was very tempted to call to find out more about that Legbone line. But after all the smoke and mirrors, lack of distinction i kinda feel like a phone call would be just as fruitless. Although i am still curious, under favorable conditions, knowledgeable handle, and ample opportunity. How could i expect a pup i get from your line to develope and hunt?
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 11:11:21 am »

I'll start by saying I should probably just keep my mouth shut and move on. But i am having a real hard time finding a definitive goal or standard that you've bred toward for 23 years as far hunting style of YOUR line.  Which is fine if it suits you, i can understand you not wanting to commit your dogs into a category, and push potential customers away if that catagory is not their style. I'll be very straight forward and tell you, after looking over your site i was very tempted to call to find out more about that Legbone line. But after all the smoke and mirrors, lack of distinction i kinda feel like a phone call would be just as fruitless. Although i am still curious, under favorable conditions, knowledgeable handle, and ample opportunity. How could i expect a pup i get from your line to develope and hunt?

im pretty sure i asked this one.  earlier and i got some BS answer.  good luck, but from what i hear i would get with Mr Mason if i ever wanted a leopard dog. 
OWL Black Mouth Curs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 11:26:38 am »

snake oil - some folks are convinced it'll cure them, others have learned their lesson, still others are skeptical enough to know better, and some are just flat wise enough to know better all along...
Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 11:32:22 am »

Let's keep positive.

Corey, Seems you missed my points. It's like a book. You have to open it to see what its about. If you prefer to judge it by just looking at the surface, well you never will know. I can't please everyone, and don't intend to.

RD, you have your right to your opinion. Sorry you think what I have to say is BS. I too have my opinions about you, yet I'm not dissing you. I discriminate who I would sell dogs. So let it be.
Corey
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 11:51:59 am »

Salty.. I more interested in reading action than mystery. I just put it on the shelf to gather dust. Good luck to you with your program.
Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »

Salty.. I more interested in reading action than mystery. I just put it on the shelf to gather dust. Good luck to you with your program.

That's what this thread is about--"de-mystifying". Sorry you didn't get it. Thanx for the well wishes. Happy hunting. Wink
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »

]RD, you have your right to your opinion. Sorry you think what I have to say is BS. I too have my opinions about you, yet I'm not dissing you. I discriminate who I would sell dogs. So let it be.

really based on what?  the fact ive called you out?
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 01:10:34 pm »

I m fairly new to the forum but I original got on to talk hunting dogs and didn't expect to see all the bickering is there something I m missing about this thread or the group involved that I'm missing the story about? Seems like a lot of Hub Bub for a hog dog forum. Lol lets get back to killin hogs and talkin about our dogs not our lines and what's better in ones opinion over another.
Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »

]RD, you have your right to your opinion. Sorry you think what I have to say is BS. I too have my opinions about you, yet I'm not dissing you. I discriminate who I would sell dogs. So let it be.

Do mind explaining what you mean, RD?
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 01:45:57 pm »

Can u tell me how saltys uncle guido hunted or was he one of your "culls" i looked into my nalc file and that is the salty dog that was in the ped.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 01:54:53 pm »

Hopefully you can see this old ped.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 01:57:24 pm »

Salty I think what most people are trying to figure out is if you are your typical dog breeder. Fitting homes. There are alot of people that would like to find a true cat breeder that has culled HARD and had a standard in his dogs. The good dog breeders I know you will never buy a dog off these guys and if one does sale one it ain't cheap. These guys have a GROUP or dogs that all hunt and work with the same style take any dog out of the kennel and the dog will get the same job dome as the ones left in the kennel. MOST people who sale dogs never get a group of dogs like this do to fitting the dog to a home for money. If you were that guy that people were looking for I think everyone here one have jumped on it.  I take it alot of people are not seeing it in your post about your dogs. There are alot of good things said about the yellow Ben dogs and alot of bad things said about the yellow Ben dogs. The reason they are very inconsistent do to the almighty dollar  . If I pay lots of money for a pup and raise it up and it don't work its hard to cull it.
Not trying to knock you in anyway just saying its the way it looks.

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 02:02:38 pm »

I m fairly new to the forum but I original got on to talk hunting dogs and didn't expect to see all the bickering is there something I m missing about this thread or the group involved that I'm missing the story about? Seems like a lot of Hub Bub for a hog dog forum. Lol lets get back to killin hogs and talkin about our dogs not our lines and what's better in ones opinion over another.

Amen!

Quit worrying bout other folks dogs. If your skeptical don't buy from them. Other than that what business is it to you!

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 02:07:26 pm »

Salty I think what most people are trying to figure out is if you are your typical dog breeder. Fitting homes. There are alot of people that would like to find a true cat breeder that has culled HARD and had a standard in his dogs. The good dog breeders I know you will never buy a dog off these guys and if one does sale one it ain't cheap. These guys have a GROUP or dogs that all hunt and work with the same style take any dog out of the kennel and the dog will get the same job dome as the ones left in the kennel. MOST people who sale dogs never get a group of dogs like this do to fitting the dog to a home for money. If you were that guy that people were looking for I think everyone here one have jumped on it.  I take it alot of people are not seeing it in your post about your dogs. There are alot of good things said about the yellow Ben dogs and alot of bad things said about the yellow Ben dogs. The reason they are very inconsistent do to the almighty dollar  . If I pay lots of money for a pup and raise it up and it don't work its hard to cull it.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »

Honestly folks. If I'm lookin to buy a dog from a "breeder", I ask for references if I don't know the guy. If he gives them to you, check them out, if he doesn't, move on.

BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:18 pm »

Amen!

Quit worrying bout other folks dogs. If your skeptical don't buy from them. Other than that what business is it to you!

That's the beauty of the Internet.  You have all this information at your hands, why wouldn't someone decipher through the BS in the search for a better dog.  If you're not after something better, then essentially you have stopped your progress and are moving backwards.  Sometimes alil argument goes a long way in dispelling rumors, myths, and BS.  That's why it's a public forum.
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 02:13:53 pm »

Amen!

That's the beauty of the Internet.  You have all this information at your hands, why wouldn't someone decipher through the BS in the search for a better dog.  If you're not after something better, then essentially you have stopped your progress and are moving backwards.  Sometimes alil argument goes a long way in dispelling rumors, myths, and BS.  That's why it's a public forum.

Could be right. Just seems to me...most people responding on this thread at this point are just pickin at this point. Lookin for an argument. Anyway, it is a public forum, do as you please I guess.

Saltydog Catahoulas
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 02:50:16 pm »

Yes Cward, I hear ya. Don't fall into that trap--it's a no-win situation. From my viewpoint, I see alot of folks who want a "magic bullet", a "super dog" And want a whole kennel full of them. Don't we all.

So question: where is this so called alledged "standard" for hogdogs everyone is trying to pin me down on? Where is it written? What is it? Anybody?

This so called "standard concept", I SEE some folks are hung up on. I've yet to see anyone explain what THE standard is--that EVERYONE can agree on. Ask 100 folks what THE standard is, and you will get 100 versions of what THEY think.

Again, I started this thread for those who are truly interested in how my program works as well as my approach to MY standards. I breed for what I want, not for the public. If someone wants to purchase my over flow, and they think close enough to me and my ideas, they will like my dogs and do very well with them. The few that want to take exception and keep challenging me that I'm wrong about my approach, they will not get along with my dogs. I can NOT see the logic of somebody trying to prove me wrong on my own thread about what my views are about MY project. Makes no sense to me, yet I will stay polite.

I breed my dogs according to what I want MY dogs to do. My dogs are proven, to most that try them. Some who tried them and didn't like them moved on because their ideas and mine were different. Most are very satisfied. This thread is about What makes me, "Saltydog Catahoulas" tick--some of the philosophies I follow. Some folks get it just fine.  Others just don't see it. A few want to get "people aggressive".

It's about like the very basic general question" how do your dogs work?" Which dog? They work phenominal, if you like what I like. So a pointless answer to a pointless question. "Standard" falls into the same category. There is no easy one answer fits all to either questions. Not one of these guys pushing this line of thinking has bothered to email me or give me a pm or call--so much for real interest..

Kevin, if you are really interested, get ahold of me---privately---I do not conduct business on a public forum.

I will be off the forum for awhile, please, people, don't take it wrong. I'm just busy. Happy huntin' and tie 'em tight! Wink

rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2012, 02:52:49 pm »

Do mind explaining what you mean, RD?

not at all.  your talking in circles a d dancing around legit questions that most people would answer when they spent as much time as you describe in breeding and developing and maintaining their line.  All anyone wants is  straight answers outta ya.  hate to say it but your comin off as a dog peddler.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2012, 02:54:47 pm »

and since you didnt reply to another question, ill assume your opinion of me is, hard headed, honest and a straight shooter.  thanks  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: