October 07, 2024, 06:29:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stink bait, Frozen bait, fresh cut bait or live bait?  (Read 7204 times)
fonzie
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 12:38:26 am »

Cut carp! Works great got me .. weather its fresh or not...
Hamilton_hogger
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 07:10:36 pm »

stink bait called J.PIGS hands down the best bait you can ever use
other than chicken express livers.  Used to run out at the grocery store and I
Could get two family tubs of it for a dollar.  I guess its the marinade they come in or something cause believe it or not I've caught several big yella cat on it.

James long
795 CR 101
Hamilton TX 76531
(254)386-6415
!
Oilfieldhoghunter
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 07:38:24 pm »

I like to use danny kings punch bait. Original and blood kind.
yelladog0300
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 04:32:05 pm »

I wanna say it's illegal to use goldfish?
It may be illegal but they sell them at the bait store i go to. For trotlines in the river and jugs in a lake i use live bait. Usually perch. But im talking about from the bank of a river with a pole. ive had pretty good luck with cut shad. Just wanting to know if there is somethin else out there that would work better Wink

for fishing with a pole.. SHRIMP hands down is the best.. had better luck at the lake with shrimp then at the river . i use Liver when im at the river

if a dog dont run it ... i dont hunt it !
Buckdog
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 06:38:50 am »

Old timer told me to use deer heart. Been using it for years. stays on hook even in the river and is full of blood. just keep in  freezer and cut off as needed.
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 12:51:18 pm »

for all the hogs u catch.thats FREE BAIT... we like to drain all the blood into a 5gal bucket and u put it into and old fridge that works.and give it a day or so and it will be hard.almlst like the dough bait u buy at wallfart.u can make mixes with it to.or chum it.
sparkydog
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 02:55:23 pm »

when the river is up red worms and grub worms dn't buy em dig em they seem to like the ones you get under horse crap
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 10:23:07 am »

we use live bait most of the time , flatheads eat live bait most of the time , big perch or shad , blues arnt as picky ,live ,  cut, wadded , heads , tails , guts , once you figure out what there eating that day its on, we also use live bait for sandys but smaller bait than for catfish , I always thought stink bait was for the dink fisherman or the occasional fisherman that cant throw a net , i believe if you wanna catch fish in quanity shad is the best way , save the cheetos for when you get hungry , we also use several types of rigs depending on what the water is doing buts thats a whole other story
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 06:43:46 am »

I re read my post and I think I came across as a a$$ and not meaning to , a dink to me is a smaller fish , my dad catchs the crap out of them with shrimp dipped in stink bait , I personally like to catch bigger fish which in most cases takes larger bait , a carolina rig works great in running water , try to position your self in a eddy , your bait will go side to side in the eddy , blues like to feed in these areas , they will go back and forth in the eddy mass feeding , flatheads can be caught in the same area but most of the time they are a night bite , we use shad up to 6 inchs long for them and alive , sorry sounding rude , not my intention
Rodeo
Strike Dog

boar65

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 01:17:24 am »

we use mullet and perch works great

Everytime you are running dogs or trapping hogs, every encounter is different. Got to love it. Please be safe! Wild hog will get you if given the chance!!
slckhunter1978
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 02:43:08 am »

Old timer told me to use deer heart. Been using it for years. stays on hook even in the river and is full of blood. just keep in  freezer and cut off as needed.

Not an old timer yet but big deer hunter/hog hunter and fisher and have used a lot of deer hearts and they work great - livers also. One thing i did not see mentioned was catabwa worms - they work great with rod and reel - only bad thing is the window for getting them - i usually clean a tree out and freeze a couple bags of them to use later

Hunt hard or go home!
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 07:49:40 am »

IM WITH BOB. THE BEST BAIT IS A NATURAL BAIT THAT FISH EAT DAY TO DAY.

slckhunter1978
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:04 pm »

Im sure fish are like anything else though - like something different and good from time to time! Them catabwa worms sure do work great for me anyways.

Hunt hard or go home!
Black Smith
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 10:45:58 pm »

Fish livers work best for me!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: