September 19, 2024, 06:31:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hogs in field  (Read 1142 times)
hogdog9
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:20:22 am »

It sucks when i hunt all weekend and don't catch one hog and then drive to work at 6:30 in the morning and see 20-30 hogs 3 days in a row and there is absolutly nothing i can do about it until this weekend because i have one of those things they call a job........hogs are so much funner.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 08:25:59 am »

hell i've quit many a job that interfered with my hunting  lol

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Central Tx
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:17 am »

i passed about 15 hogs on peacan orchard and i havent seen any on the place i hunt in 2 weeks
Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:21:44 am »

lol you an me both hell i quit mine last weekend cause they weren't goin to let me off after i told them two weeks ahead of time ... we killed 5 hogs an almost had 8 so i figured it was worth it lol

Can you skin griz. pilgrim
JRyanS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:26:42 am »

Hog are nomadic.
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:36:00 am »

lol you an me both hell i quit mine last weekend cause they weren't goin to let me off after i told them two weeks ahead of time ... we killed 5 hogs an almost had 8 so i figured it was worth it lol

I agree with Halfbreed and Miller Lite. It's time that you get your priorities straight !!! Grin laugh

A scared dog dont get no meat !
Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:43:02 am »

I agree with Halfbreed and Miller Lite. It's time that you get your priorities straight !!! Grin laugh

lol thank god for some much welding jobs

riverbottomhoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 10:11:52 am »

i passed about 15 hogs on peacan orchard and i havent seen any on the place i hunt in 2 weeks
             good luck man  Smiley

JESUS, WAYLON, HANK. WILLIE, JOHNNY, MERLE
hogdog9
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42:20 am »

I wish it was that easy for me to quit my job but working for the state has its perks hahahahahaha
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 11:00:19 am »

I got an idea. It is called hunting at night. Go to bed as soon as you get home. Get up about midnight and go hunt until it is time to get ready for work. If you got one of those government jobs you don't work anyway (That not working was a joke ha ha)

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
co
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 04:49:56 pm »

I wish it was that easy for me to quit my job but working for the state has its perks hahahahahaha

Working for the gov't does too haha
Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 06:29:27 pm »

I got an idea. It is called hunting at night. Go to bed as soon as you get home. Get up about midnight and go hunt until it is time to get ready for work. If you got one of those government jobs you don't work anyway (That not working was a joke ha ha)

i aint the biggest on night huntin myself ... i hate toatin a flash light the sun is  a pretty good one

magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 08:37:34 pm »

Thats what they make headlamps for. Now a days they make some great ones for under 30 bucks. Hunting at night is my perfered way. Hogs are nocturnal anyway and being in the south it is the coolest time of the day and the easiest on the dogs and me. Don't get me wrong, in the winter i like to hunt during the day also but prefer night.
BigNoseKate
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 09:12:14 pm »

Feel your pain!!!! I pass by a group of bout 30 or so every morning, at first, it'd get my blood to pumping in the morning but now it just makes me mad....  Angry

Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man and work like a dog
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:26 pm »

i aint the biggest on night huntin myself ... i hate toatin a flash light the sun is  a pretty good one
I like hunting in the daytime too. My dogs do better in the day light. But sometimes you have to shake things up to keep the pigs from figuring you out. If you only hunt on the same days at the same times the pigs figure out your pattern just like deer.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 04:01:29 pm »

I like hunting in the daytime too. My dogs do better in the day light. But sometimes you have to shake things up to keep the pigs from figuring you out. If you only hunt on the same days at the same times the pigs figure out your pattern just like deer.

we normally jump around from place to place just for that reason when they start running like hell we leave it alone for a month or so i gotta place we was huntin hard an them hogs just wouldn't stop .. so i gave it 3 weeks let them calm down showed up at  a weird hour an gave em hell again

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: