September 30, 2024, 02:18:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me what yal think!!  (Read 1671 times)
MFKennels
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:33:17 pm »

I dont know what to think or say about this. I know better but thought i would ask yal what yal think? I bred two of my dogs few months ago and the pups are 3/4 cur and 1/4 airdale. They just turned 4 mnths old i keep three out of 8 and i got mine started on a shoat when they were a lil more than 3 and ahalf mnths old and i sold a pup to guy. And he got the pup and the next day he said he got his baying a pig! He got the pup when they were 2 mnths old. well Earlier this week he called me and told me his pup is tracking, winding and findings hogs already! said he winded off 4 wheeler and jumped off and went 700yds and bayed 6 hogs! Ha

It Takes Guts To Kill A Hog But It Takes Balls To Catch One...!!
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:44 pm »

i used to have mine runnin at young age  like that  . just depends on the amount of time you got to work em .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
MFKennels
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:45:12 pm »

Yessir well now i can that these pups are something else. I have a strong feeling there goin to make some dogs. When i let them out the kennel usually most pups that i seen are wanting to stay by you or play with other dogs ! These are gone and  running around nose dwn and they will hit them ol cattle trails in the woods and wont cm out for awhile!

Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:48:48 pm »

I dont know what to think or say about this. I know better but thought i would ask yal what yal think? I bred two of my dogs few months ago and the pups are 3/4 cur and 1/4 airdale. They just turned 4 mnths old i keep three out of 8 and i got mine started on a shoat when they were a lil more than 3 and ahalf mnths old and i sold a pup to guy. And he got the pup and the next day he said he got his baying a pig! He got the pup when they were 2 mnths old. well Earlier this week he called me and told me his pup is tracking, winding and findings hogs already! said he winded off 4 wheeler and jumped off and went 700yds and bayed 6 hogs! Ha

Sounds like he might be the type to crawfish on a bet and call a man a liar ! Wink Sorry, I just could'nt resist the "Tombstone" quote. It sounds pretty far fetched to me but stranger things have happened, but not many. At 4 months old he would have to prove it to me though.

A scared dog dont get no meat !
MFKennels
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:51:44 pm »

oh ya. I hear you. Hes full of chit.

drew
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 10:03:44 pm »

So lance u don't believe. A pup at four month can't find an bay his on hog or what
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 10:09:30 pm »

Track , Trail, Bay and Stop a hog at four months I wanna see it till then somebody is full of chit !   Bout all I can muster up to say till I see it .   

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
drew
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 10:11:40 pm »

If hope u start seeing pups find an bay a hog at early ages but its like half breed said the only people that will see that is the ones have the time to work them when there pups
drew
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 10:14:55 pm »

First i don't know who they are talking about im speaking for myself i haven seen push at that age find there own hog
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »

I'd like to see that with my own eyes. not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
MFKennels
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:25:02 pm »

Yep. Even tracking tracking and winding  hogs 700yds out by himself and baying 6 hogs! Till i see it i will then believe it!

halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 10:25:08 pm »

yeah it is highly possible . i would start my pups running drags at three months [ hound/ cat crosses ] and by four months old they would be pretty good at it . i have a time or two been working them on a drag in the swamp behind the farm and have them leave the drag trail and bay up pigs i didn't know was in there  lol . at first you run in there gonna try and catch them for trashing to realize it's a pig  lol but like i said working them alot and often . it is not an unreal or unbelievable idea to me . hell me an my ol walker gyp was tearing them coons butts up when she was 6 months old in the 80's but we was in the woods every day for 2 months prior . but that don't meen there hog dogs at that age it just meens they got it down and will eat my feed till time to really hunt them and prove their worth .  big differance in a dog knowing what to do and being able or mature enough to do it .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 10:29:32 pm »

We are taking 700 yds here.  I can see a pup maybe finding one close but 700 yds and go by himself .  I gotta see it and would drive a long long ways to see it .

TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 10:33:15 pm »

Hell I would pay to see it and then shake the mans hand.

halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 10:37:35 pm »

well i didn't read or remember all the post lol  being the worlds greatest dog trainer that i am  lol that's puty far even for me to believe lol 

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
bayed hard hog dogs
Alpha Dog

Coal Dilday

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 10:43:19 pm »

yeah it is highly possible . i would start my pups running drags at three months [ hound/ cat crosses ] and by four months old they would be pretty good at it . i have a time or two been working them on a drag in the swamp behind the farm and have them leave the drag trail and bay up pigs i didn't know was in there  lol . at first you run in there gonna try and catch them for trashing to realize it's a pig  lol but like i said working them alot and often . it is not an unreal or unbelievable idea to me . hell me an my ol walker gyp was tearing them coons butts up when she was 6 months old in the 80's but we was in the woods every day for 2 months prior . but that don't meen there hog dogs at that age it just meens they got it down and will eat my feed till time to really hunt them and prove their worth .  big differance in a dog knowing what to do and being able or mature enough to do it .
ill agree with u on this one its not impossible at all, yeah 700 yrds is a long way for a 4 mo old pup, but I have had and have seen pups find hogs at 5/6 mo old. Have to think that a 4 mo old pup is 4 mo right up to a sec before he turns 5 months lol. I have to dogs that winded and would bark of the Wheeler when thay was 6 mo old, so I'm gonna say it could happen.

Keep um bayed hard tell the bulldogs hit Okie style!!!
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:01 pm »

So lance u don't believe. A pup at four month can't find an bay his on hog or what

What I said was " It sounds pretty far fetched, but stranger things have happened. " And yes ! I will have to see it to believe it ! Grin I've been lucky and owned a couple of dogs that matured early and hunted with a few more. But to have a 4 month old pup wind off the four wheeler and go 700 yards and bay and hold 6 hogs all by its self ? MFKennels raised these dogs and knows them and he is even calling BS on it. I've seen pups do it at that age on a easy mock hunt but under the circumstances that he stated, I'm going to call BS. I believe that even a blind hog can find and acorn. If you've got pups that will do it just like he said the I commend you for being one heck of a dog man and would love to learn something from you but you will still have to prove it to me. If you prove me wrong then I will shake your hand, admit that I was wrong on ETHD and kick myself in the butt and try to buy every puppy on your yard. Until then I will remain skeptical !

A scared dog dont get no meat !
HDMdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 10:55:50 pm »

Baying a hog at 8 weeks??? Or starting to smell and doing Those curious barks that 8 week old pups do..
Not calling no one Barack Obama (a liar)but that sounds fetched the whole story.. Jmo

'HOG DOG MAFIA WE BAY EM N SLAY EM'
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »

well i didn't read or remember all the post lol  being the worlds greatest dog trainer that i am  lol that's puty far even for me to believe lol 

Hell am right there with you halfbreed i missed the part were it said he had six hogs bayed just now seen that come on man six hogs 700 yds by himself four months old . .  Sounds like Hollywood to me  .

drew
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 11:04:30 pm »

Lance did mean to call u out. All im saying is i have seen pup at four months old find a pig. Not six or two miles away
i guess i should of. Read the rest before i posted.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: