September 19, 2024, 09:48:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogo vz pitbull  (Read 10153 times)
Taylorharris.1991
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2012, 09:52:38 am »

I have had both dogs n like both of them only jus what other people's opinions are on the breed n information. Y they feel the way they do I got a male dogo they don't seem to be an tenacious as a pit jus wondering if good working line dogos instead of watered down show dogs are more than Wat they seem
boarsnesthogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:05:43 pm »

i use pits and only because its too expensive to replace a dogo when and if it happens, i had two dogos out of some good hunting stock, i know that the dogo is breed to hunt, they have a mix of hounds and terriers in them the bulldog look does not mean they r a bulldog i see people leading them in when the potential for an excelllent strike dog is there they have a very cold nose. these r the dogs that make a dogo, irish setter, english bulldog, great dane, bull mastiff, boxer great white pyrenese, english pointer, i think i got it all n there but the two i had were ground dogs and would strike and catch there own hogs great with my other dogs but i paid 2000 for them they were both fataly injured on the same hogs they have no fear and ran in  a group down in a dry creek bank i guess mating cuz there were like 5 big boars and three or 4 sows and that was  that they were very aggresive hunters and lovers at home never no problems with my other dogs but maybe not every case hope that helps
boarsnesthogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:37 pm »

i use pits and only because its too expensive to replace a dogo when and if it happens, i had two dogos out of some good hunting stock, i know that the dogo is breed to hunt, they have a mix of hounds and terriers in them the bulldog look does not mean they r a bulldog i see people leading them in when the potential for an excelllent strike dog is there they have a very cold nose. these r the dogs that make a dogo, irish setter, english bulldog, great dane, bull mastiff, boxer great white pyrenese, english pointer, i think i got it all n there but the two i had were ground dogs and would strike and catch there own hogs great with my other dogs but i paid 2000 for them they were both fataly injured on the same hogs they have no fear and ran in  a group down in a dry creek bank i guess mating cuz there were like 5 big boars and three or 4 sows and that was  that they were very aggresive hunters and lovers at home never no problems with my other dogs but maybe not every case hope that helps
forgot that the base of this breed was the cordoba fighting dog i thinks thas how you spell it
Hogsnatchers
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 12:16:11 pm »

Use the search function you will find all kinda Dogo vs pitbull threads

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
riverbottomhoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 12:16:31 pm »

DOGO DOGO DOGO DOGO  Smiley

JESUS, WAYLON, HANK. WILLIE, JOHNNY, MERLE
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 12:28:12 pm »

American bulldog
Acwells0808
Strike Dog

if you aient in it for fun *go home*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »

Pittbull 200%

*just some good old country folks*
Taylorharris.1991
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »

Specific reason for choice
riverbottomhoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 02:11:48 pm »

Dogos are strong loyal dogs that will find bay and catch a hog

JESUS, WAYLON, HANK. WILLIE, JOHNNY, MERLE
Taylorharris.1991
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 02:15:48 pm »

Well I got cut dogs for finding and baying n a catch dog for catching I need something that has one soul purpose to catch n I've hunted ab and pits and recently a dogo the best one over ever had is a ab pit cross I was jus curious if I the Dogo I got was jus less tenacious or if all of them are like that
boarsnesthogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 02:17:00 pm »

Dogos are strong loyal dogs that will find bay and catch a hog
amen
dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 03:36:49 pm »

I'll take any of my dogos over a pit every day of the week. Don't get me wrong I've hunted with some good pits, hell I even have a pit mix. But in my eyes nothing compares to the catching power of a dogo. They have so much heart, they're very loyal, they have enough lung to be a strike dog, not just a lead in catch dog. People base their opinions off of one or two bad dogos. If you hunt with a well bred dogo, you will see that they have NO fear. They're very intelligent, also they are great with children and if you socialize them as their growing up, they are great with other dogs.
Taylorharris.1991
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:27 pm »

Well if ur a believer like that than in open to hear bout it if u could show me a Dogo with the tenacity and heart of a pit I'd like to see it or get a pup out of that line
dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 04:11:18 pm »

My pops breeds them in fl. We had a litter not to long ago sold all of the pups. There's some pics on here some where.

I just recently got a new puppy from La Cocha kennels in cordoba Argentina. Where the dogo was created. They are actually family member to the man who created the dogo. Very well bred real deal dogo. Not your average watered down back yard bred dogo. My pup is the son of Morocho a very well known dogo. He was used to show the breed on dogs 101.

http://www.noresdogoargentino.com.ar/ingles/criadero.htm

That's the link to their website. They have pups ready to go now. Very nice people they will email you back within two days.
dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 04:31:12 pm »

Bambino de La Cocha 4months

Taylorharris.1991
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 04:32:12 pm »

Ok I sure preciate it man I'll def look Into it
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 04:33:06 pm »

I have had both dogs n like both of them only jus what other people's opinions are on the breed n information. Y they feel the way they do I got a male dogo they don't seem to be an tenacious as a pit jus wondering if good working line dogos instead of watered down show dogs are more than Wat they seem

i wouldnt compare a mastiff to a terrier  Wink

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
Taylorharris.1991
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

Well a Dogo is classified as a hound but I've seen pits and ab big as Dogo before but without the stamina a Dogo has this comes from personnel experience I own all three of the breeds and all catch hogs jus my Dogo isn't near as gamey so to speak as a pit but can last a lot longer on those hot days
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

dogos are by no means in a class with a hound. they are labeled as Argentine Mastiff.

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
Taylorharris.1991
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:56 pm »

Sorry not tryin to be offensive but that info is incorrect they are classified as a working hound in a real classification of breeds
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: