October 07, 2024, 04:29:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogo question...  (Read 424 times)
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2012, 11:30:49 am »

First...I am not a Dogo hater at all, not my catch dog of choice but I don't hate them and all that either... I have my own breed I like with it's own politics and porblems. So...here is my question, when the Dogo topics come up why do the replies quickly turn to "I have a Dogo X Pit or X Ab etc" Huh? is it because the cost does not allow some to afford a pair or are the crosses a nessesary need or what? I recently hunted with one who seemed like a real nice dog but it just seems that most Dogo topics gravitate to crosses ...

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:10:46 pm »

LOL! I bet it's cause if you don't know the people in the know then you'll be paying a pretty penny for a straight Dogo.  Shocked

But on a serious note, that's probably what most people have is crosses. I know I haven't heard of too many people with full Dogos that are working stock. There are some, but not a lot. That's JMO though... I am no experienced Dogo guy by any means. I have a cross that I was very fortunate to get...  angel

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
skmarcus
Catch Dog

Solid Kennels www.argentinedogosoftexas.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:05 pm »

I don't normally get involved in these but I think its a couple of things.  They are not cheap dogs.  If someone is looking at a dogo as just a catchdog then that is a pricey catchdog.  I think they are great hunters as well so they are worth that to me.  Some people just like one certain breed and everyone elses dog aren't worth a damn... to each their own.  Some people like the approach of a more bulldog type of catchdog... more of an all out don't care run in and grab type of dog and think that adding pit or bulldog to a dogo gives them that plus a little hunt maybe.  I raise dogos but I love all the breeds... pit bulldogs catahoulas curs.  I like hog dogs. If they hunt then lets go catch some pigs.  I agree there are a lot of bad dogos out there along with any other breed and I think some of the reason why is this mentality.   Some are gonna hunt better than others and some are gonna catch better than others depending on what the breeder is breeding for.  Some just aren't gonna be worth a damn ... just like any other breed.    When u buy a cheap dog or a dog you don't know any history on you get what you get.  Some of my best dogs were free but I've had more than my share of $50 dogs Id pay you $100 to come pick up.   I think a lot of your "bad dogo experiences" are unregistered mixes that could have anything in them. And I'm not saying papers are everything but I'm sure it will come up on here.  Anyway just my 2 cents
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: