October 07, 2024, 02:44:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: would you reccomend it or not???  (Read 705 times)
evandavis3
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 06:15:36 am »

i have a couple of boar pigs... one is prob 20-25 pounds, the other is maybe 15-20 pounds. i havent had any luck finding a couple of sows in that range or a little bigger. i do know where i can get some pure breed show hogs real cheap though. my question is would you reccomend getting the show hogs and trying some cross breeding with my wild boars or should i get two wild sows for them. my purpose for the breeding is to get a litter, keep 2 for slaughter for myself, with the rest im going to raise them to bout 100 pounds then have them slaughtered and give them to families that are in need. ive got a deal worked out with my butcher on a real good deal to do this. thanks for any advice and reccomendations on this.
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 06:30:37 am »

If you're not using the wild hogs for training dogs I would get the domestic pigs and get rid of the wild ones. You said you could get
domestic pigs real cheap. The domestic hogs will grow faster and yield more pork than the wild ones.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
evandavis3
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:40:55 am »

well when i said i could get them cheap i should have been more informative. i cant get them as cheap as i picked up the 2 wild boars.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:31:43 pm »

get you a couple pot belly sows , after they get big people just try and give them away  lol . i know some of the best eatin pigs i killed was a ferral pot bellie cross that we was catching in waxahachie  . lots of bacon and jowl on them little pigs . and they grow very fast with a litle feed

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 12:34:06 pm »

Idk why but I thought pot belly pigs stay small and friendly. The old lady has a friend that has one that's way over 200 lbs and you can't go in her house without her putting him in his room.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 12:59:43 pm »

ha ha that's what they tell everybody to get them to pay big money for them . there is no such thing as a micro or mini pig . they all get big and mean  lol

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: