October 22, 2024, 11:38:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: animal planet at our next bayn  (Read 5656 times)
quickfire
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 08:45:00 am »

Stick to the rivers and the lakes that you are use too. Trust me I would love to be able to sit back and watch bay's on TV but look at what the anti's have done to greyhound racing, most tracks have been shut down, only a few left. Dog hunting will be next. It is already illegal to  hunt hogs in TN with dogs.
drew
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 08:50:56 am »

x2
cwhite_25
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 11:16:11 am »

There are 2 types of people I don't trust no matter what side of the fence they are on....Lawyers and TV producers... Don't do it.

TDHA MEMBER
LSWDA MEMBER
Hempstead, Tx
moffittcatahoulas
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 11:28:32 am »

well we are on page 3 now, and nobody has thought it was a good idea.

t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 12:19:48 pm »

You do know Animal Planet has the series "Animal Cops" right??

All it will take is one dog catching out while they are filming and we may be seeing you on there...

Then it's Bye Bye Boarsnest and possibly all the others!!!!!   Shocked
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 03:56:35 pm »

I know that I myself sure as hell would not go to this event if in fact Animal Planet is indeed going to be there filming. I'd want no part of it. Countless folks on this thread have made very valid, legitimate points as to why it is a bad idea.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
yelladog0300
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »

only thing i can think of cody is to be sure and see the final product that is to air before you sign off on it .
X2!!!!!!!

if a dog dont run it ... i dont hunt it !
Logan-99
Alpha Dog

Fedor, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2013, 07:14:25 pm »

Don't do it. We already have enough negative spotlight. Take them to the woods atleast!!
Here's a article I found while googling Uncle Earls Hog Dog Trials... The Human Society has a show called "Animal Cops" and I think you should read this article from them maybe it will change your mind.

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/hogdog_fighting/facts/hog-dog_bloodsport.html
ED BARNES
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »

THAT ARTICLE IS SCARY LOGAN! DANG THEY DONT EVEN APPROVE OF A PIG SCRAMBLE!!!

Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:10 pm »

Wow, article is well wrote trying to dissuade anybody to agree with this blood thirsty sport. Lets all just not catch another single hog, and let them overtake their sub-divisions and cities to where they are afraid to even make it to their hybrid car.

Boy that article strikes me wrong. Dont be that guy that gives them more fuel to their fire Only to fuel your Pride. You wanted opinions and you got em, a unanimous NO.   
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 08:20:28 pm »

I would love to see the dogs work but at the same time I do see the points made by others. Bay pens are not the light that needs to shined. In an open hunt atleast u could spotlight the control aspect and that what we do helps wildlife and preserves natural areas and the ecosystem. Even with this angle it is only a matter of time before a dog gets hurt. Once that happens all bets are off. Personally I don't see the problem with pics of dead hogs but I don't care for the pics of the bay or catch. In these cases IMO they could be shown as harassing the pig regardless if someone is trying to finish the deal swiftly. I just don't feel that there is any way to ensure that the baying can only be shown in a positive light. Much less we are all ready a bunch of blood thirsty rednecks so gonna be hard to change that view.

Shotgun
Logan-99
Alpha Dog

Fedor, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 08:54:17 pm »

They don't see hogs as we do, they've never had a hog tear up they're fields, ruin hay fields and crops. One thing that strikes me wrong is when they say we "force" the dogs to go after the hog. I've seen puppies first time hammering down at 9-10 weeks!! Just be careful what you say! And be careful what you post. We don't need to see pics of dogs getting stapled up or with bad cuts and blood.
wildbill
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2013, 09:29:46 pm »

boarsnesthogdogs what do you think of the input?
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »

Bad bad bad bad bad bad Ideal.  They will find a way to twist it .  All it takes to set off a stick of dynamite is a spark and it will blow up in your face.  Thats exactly what this is .  It may not happen in a week , month are even a year but bad is coming some way are another you can bet on that .

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
Hogsnatchers
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:24 pm »

I heard about this from a buddy today and luckily I saw this. First thing I said to him when he told me well how is it going to be shown positive or negative. Let's put it simply. Uncle Earls is coming up and its the biggest in the country right. As soon as you walk through the gate its automatically no cameras no exceptions. There is a reason for that I say its a very very bad idea... with all the other laws on the fence and the way the antis are on the full push lately you probably couldn't anything more harmful to the sport than this. Best of wishes I was planning on coming out but if they are there I won't be

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2013, 10:40:57 pm »

It would be a hell of a thing if they aired this thing and never showed you what was being aired and this thing blew up into one hell of a mess .  A mess that shut down all bay pens and maybe also lead to hunting hogs with dogs banned are outlawed.  If this was me I could not live with myself to know I might have caused all of this .  You never know this could happen and man o man I dont even have the words if it did.

Ask yourself could you live with yourself if this sort of thing happened ?

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
buford
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 03:47:09 am »

IF YOUR SCARED GO TO CHURCH !
SnF bucking bulls
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 08:57:17 am »

blakebh
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:30 pm »

Agree with everyone on this one! BAD IDEA!!

Am I the only one who caught the TLC reference?? LOL

Spencer
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »

Definately a bad idea! You might think it will make your bay pen famous, but it possibly could bring the sport to its end!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: