September 30, 2024, 02:20:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome Weekend- Gator Country Hunt  (Read 10310 times)
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:14 pm »

With all due respect fella, a quick view of your profile shows a post you made back on 9-11 where you cuaght a 250 something pound hog an a 400 pounder and you specifically said it's was "odd to catch two good ones in one night", once again, with all due respect, your talkin crap to a whole team full of guys who do that on a f'n regular basis and don't find it odd.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 08:44:28 pm »

To all of you who won't enter contest because they don't except barrs!!

I believe that just goes to show how much you need barrs to win a contest. If you cannot go hunting in a spot that does not have barrs and catch real hogs that can compete with everyone else then sell your dogs and Please find another hobby. Stop trying to blame all the ppl who have eliminated barrs from contest, it's not there fault they have real dogs that can compete in a hunt without having to worm there way to the leader boards by catching barrs that naturally should have nuts and weigh alot less. If you think I'm wrong by saying this think again, not everyone has barrs on their hunting spots but I do believe everyone does have boars. So if you don't want to get involved in contest that don't allow barrs then apparently you can't hang with the real hog hunters. Sry to be that harsh but this has been talked about way to much on here. I'm not calling anybody out or trying to make anybody look bad just shedding a little light. These contest are supposed to be so dog and man can compete FAIRLY against other hunters without having to cheat to beat everyone else. If you don't think that is cheating then go rob a store cuz apparently stealing is ok also !!

How old are you? You sound like a little kid by the way you talk with absolutely zero validity to any of your comments. Just because you don't have Barrs on your hunting spots that makes you a better hunter or better dogs?!? That makes zero since. You contradict yourself with so many of your comments it's not even funny

Haha how do you think Barrs became to not have nuts?? Because someone caught them as a BOAR and cut them out.

You must be another city-slicker hog hunter

I'd go on but I'm sure there will be enough over people step in and take their swing

Oh yeah and you don't nearly have enough money in the bank to buy our number 2ty Barr dogs, sorry if I hurt your feelings but the truth hurts

The simple fact that people have had to change the rules in order to make competitions more competitive is a joke! Barrs have been a part of life for 100's of years, I'm sorry that got the short end of the stick when it came to common sense

Get ahead dog!
setxhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 08:45:16 pm »

To all of you who won't enter contest because they don't except barrs!!

I believe that just goes to show how much you need barrs to win a contest. If you cannot go hunting in a spot that does not have barrs and catch real hogs that can compete with everyone else then sell your dogs and Please find another hobby. Stop trying to blame all the ppl who have eliminated barrs from contest, it's not there fault they have real dogs that can compete in a hunt without having to worm there way to the leader boards by catching barrs that naturally should have nuts and weigh alot less. If you think I'm wrong by saying this think again, not everyone has barrs on their hunting spots but I do believe everyone does have boars. So if you don't want to get involved in contest that don't allow barrs then apparently you can't hang with the real hog hunters. Sry to be that harsh but this has been talked about way to much on here. I'm not calling anybody out or trying to make anybody look bad just shedding a little light. These contest are supposed to be so dog and man can compete FAIRLY against other hunters without having to cheat to beat everyone else. If you don't think that is cheating then go rob a store cuz apparently stealing is ok also !!

A hog is a hog is a hog in my opinion!!! Does a barr hog fight less or give up more easily or bay up better!! NO NO NO....Barrs are more often times than not more challenging and dangerous to catch than boars!! I was entered in the tournament and only caught one sow so I didn't bother to weigh in...but let me tell u if I had caught a stringer full of barrs I would been a little aggravated for them not to count!! If u don't have barrs where u hunt then its times to stop sticking em and start cutting and releasing!! Grin

The Original SetxHogDogs
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »

I think dude just stepped in a pile of rattle snakes... Grin

Sure ain't the brightest fella here for sure!!!!

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
Caney Creek Hog Doggers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »

With all due respect both those hogs I caught had nuts, it is odd to catch a 400 lb hog with nuts after catching 100's before catching him. So if you say you catch 400 pounders with nuts all the time then hunt a contest without barrs and win it fair and square.

If you caught a hog that was a boar why did you cut him? Because he wasn't a big hog that would win contest, so you cut him so he would get big making it easier to win. Sure barrs fight like boars might be harder to catch sometimes but it's not how it's supposed to be. I can't help that no one down here cuts hogs because they would lose their spots in a hearbeat, so how am I supposed to compete in contest with barrs when there's none to catch. It's only fair to enter boars. If it's that big a deal to ppl then go put on a barrs only contest so you can compete fairly against other ppl who catch barrs.

" When they run we chase em', when they stop we catch em', when they squeal we stick em' "

Colton Baker
(979) 533 -1416
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 09:11:08 pm »

Caney creek..... you just fell of the short bus huh??   I don't think you get it and don't expect you will.

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
Danny45
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:31 pm »

Caney creek we cut hogs to make them bigger and taste better I don't think any of us do it to win tournaments we enter them for fun and to have a good time a hog is a hog cut or not and I see you to be one that thinks he has some good dogs come turn em loose on a barr hog up here in are country and see the out come Han.....
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 09:21:40 pm »

Ok ok ok, see, now I get that your just frustrated and know that you don't have barrs in Wharton and believe it or not (in Brazoria county myself)  I actually sympathize with you.

Problem is you came on originally saying basically a big F YOU to this whole team AND said that they couldn't compete, they didn't have real dogs, they should sell their dogs and take up a new sport and on and on, that part is gonna be harder to just take back.

Maybe, some people Barr hogs because it's a dang tradition and they want big gnarly EDIBLE sausage hogs and it's tradition for them. If you couldn't help but catch barrs,
How would you feel?

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 09:30:07 pm »

MAn, you just opened a can of worms...........................

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 09:53:46 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. But all my dogs are forsale. I just found out they are culls.  These dogs will find bay and stay with any hog but they will also find barrs. Willing to trade for a boar dog only. The reason for selling these dogs cause they find to many hogs especially barrs. The price will vary on them.
They are inbred also. Some have scars from barrs to prove they bay barrs.
One of these days I will figure this dog thing out.
I'm going to see if I can spend my summer with caney creek so I can get educated on what makes a boar dog.
These dogs are also help dogs they help catch barrs.
I hope I covered what all they do. But if i missed something ask I will tell you more about them.

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Danny45
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 10:08:57 pm »

Chance them yella Barr dogs ain't no count for huntin your ants or Tien boar hogs gonna have to get you some hienz 57  boar dogs that's the only way to go for them tournaments yal chest in when yal drop Yals Barr dogs down...!!
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 10:10:57 pm »

Chance them yella Barr dogs ain't no count for huntin your ants or Tien boar hogs gonna have to get you some hienz 57  boar dogs that's the only way to go for them tournaments yal chest in when yal drop Yals Barr dogs down...!!

Huh? put the pipe down danny  Huh?

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Van Dorn
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:31 pm »

Colton, put down the Kool-aid!

How the hell can you call catching barrs cheating? Cutting boars has been going on as long as there have been hogs in America! And way before there were ever any hog hunting tournaments!

I have been hog hunting for 15 years, and was taught if you don't eat it, leave it on it's feet. What that means is, sure one land owner might not want the hogs turned loose on there property, but the police don't won't you to speed either! Cutting a couple nuts out so you can eat that hog in a couple years if you were lucky enough to ever catch it again, will never hurt anything, that hog will no longer breed or reproduce! Just don't tell the land owner! I promise that cut hog will be miles from where you release him in just a few hours! So for you to say we cut the boars for tournaments is way out of line! And the farthest thing from the truth that  I have heard about all this anti-Barr b.s.! If it were not for those old timers teaching us those ways of hunting, you younger Internet age hog hunters would have to be coon or opossum hunting because there would not be any hogs in the woods!

Do you really think that there are barrs around ever briar thicket? To us they are like a Boone & Crockett buck, there just aren't that many of them! Our dogs, are hog dogs, not just boar dogs, there job is to find, bay and catch whatever hogs are in the woods! So whatever hogs are in the woods should count in a contest is our argument!

We have hunted in several tournaments over the years, placing in some and winning some. Each time we won we did NOT catch a single Barr! So you might want to check your facts before you invade our thread about our tournaments results, and especially calling us cheaters!

easttexasoutlaw33
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 10:19:30 pm »

Im gonna say this with all due respect to everyone on here with no intention of ruffling feathers. The statement about getting real dogs because they find barrs not boars is a joke. I meet them this weekend and i know they have good dogs. However i will say the barrs i have got though not that many have been much easier to catch most never taking a step from where they are struck. This is honest question to the guys that say they cut boars not to win tournaments but to make good eating why is it you dont take them home cut them and feed them out to eat them? The fact you cut them to eat later is not in my opinion why you cut you cut them to catch bigger toothy hogs for trophies. Why would you cut a hog to eat turn it out never knowing if you are going to catch it again? Most cut hogs to catch bigger trophies which may not be meant to win tourny but that is what they are meant to do grow bigger faster and bigger teeth. I dont however think this make your dogs culls or not real because they find barrs that is a ridic comment. That being said i dont have a problem with the no barr rule because that hog is not natural to nature it has bein altered to grow bigger faster. Its like saying a fighter that trains naturally is a boar and a barr is a fighter on steriods which would in fact be an unfair advantage most would agree because he has altered himself to grow bigger stronger and faster. Which is how i see the barr rule they are not naturally that big so i dont have a problem with the rule.

Now that being said this has no relation to your dogs in anyway. Just my opinion not meant to ruffle any feathers.
easttexasoutlaw33
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 10:26:15 pm »

I agree no one is a cheater for catching barrs. If you believe that you catching and cutting boars is the reason why hogs are still around is ridic. Think about what you said if you catch and cut 100 hogs a year that you barr you saved 100 hogs they can no longer reproduce so they have no impact on the population anymore because they cant breed. If stabbing every hog we caught would eliminate the population then they wouldnt be the fastest growing problem in the US. Bc im willing to bet a ton more hogs get killed every year than get caught and turned loose and it has made no impact in the population. And it will never hurt anyhting is it your land that the hog is destroying or your crops he is eating so infact he is hurting someone just maybe not you directly

The statement just dont tell the land owner is why hog hunteres have a bad name.
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 10:32:32 pm »

I'll tell you why I personally don't bring them home and raise them to eat,

#1 it costs Money to feed a hog and I can barely feed my own big butt. Lol

#2 I have a wife and daughter and don't want some mean Barr hog at my house

#3 I like catching hogs and really like catching big ones.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 10:42:26 pm »

I will tell you guys this. If i wanted the hogs gone on my places I have to hunt they would be gone. In easttexas we have been working hogs along time and still do it. Every place I have that wanted the hogs gone they are gone. I will make rounds through these ranches just to check. There might be a few move in but as soon as they do we clean house. Look at our numbers. More than 15 hogs a day on our hunts. If i did that every day well we wouldn't have any hogs. Also you have to remember in our part of Texas we like hogs. There are not many white tail deer and the hogs are good for the gun hunters to hunt.

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
reatj81
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 10:46:11 pm »

Barring hogs is a settlers tradition, it started as a way of life.  To be able to put quality meat on the table to feed the family, without having to put precious resources into the animal to have edible meat.  (surviving on the land)  man and animal alike.  My biggest problem with the whole Barr hog rule is what rule next?  Feedlots, corn feeders game cameras, syrup tubs, no yellow dogs, no hounds, catch dog size, line-breed dogs,pound dogs, river bottom hogs, sows with teeth, no Dogos, what next?  Hell if you want to hunt competitively grow some and hunt, this ain't California!  & I ain't a Democrat, and if you want to take my guns you sure better grow some!!!!
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 10:52:25 pm »

I'm PRO-Barr and I don't hunt tournaments so that shoots that theory right outta the water  Wink

If anyone says they don't like catching a Barr hog, then they've never caught one.  Hogs are livestock, they oughta be worked like livestock when it's feasible.  Not everyone will agree with that statement, and it kills me to see pictures of a bunch of dead hogs that go to waste, but I don't say anything.  

The only thing these rolling pine hills is good for is raising cattle and hogs, and I guess the occasional white-tail.
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »

Barring hogs is a settlers tradition, it started as a way of life.  To be able to put quality meat on the table to feed the family, without having to put precious resources into the animal to have edible meat.  (surviving on the land)  man and animal alike.  My biggest problem with the whole Barr hog rule is what rule next?  Feedlots, corn feeders game cameras, syrup tubs, no yellow dogs, no hounds, catch dog size, line-breed dogs,pound dogs, river bottom hogs, sows with teeth, no Dogos, what next?  Hell if you want to hunt competitively grow some and hunt, this ain't California!  & I ain't a Democrat, and if you want to take my guns you sure better grow some!!!!

there ya have it folks

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: