October 25, 2024, 01:31:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ate a rag!?  (Read 737 times)
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:47:31 pm »

So ?my? 5 month old Blue Tick has been messed up the last couple days.

He threw up a couple times and quit eating for three days. Was really looking bad...i mean sickly. Had me puzzled...up to date on shots and what not.

Anyway...I've had him inside to watch him...he threw up a rag! Just ate a bowl full of food...acting great now.

Just puttin it out there...keep rags out of the dog yard...lol.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:34:41 pm »

Oooo-weee you dodged a bullet for sure! VERY happy for you that he threw it up. Was it all in one piece? That would have led to one expensive exploratory surgery!

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »

Yes...1 piece. My girl JUST read a story on FB about a weenie dog that had a $2000 surgery for just that!

"Let's talk some philosophy"
ROCKIN ROO HOG DOGS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:37:14 pm »

Just this week i watched my 3 month stag pup grab one of the kids gloves at the ranch and run away with it,he then swallowed it,so i grabbed a bottle of peroxide and pured it down his throat. About 30 seconds later he puked up the mitten and then a small piece of bone also. If these 2 ingredients had gotten lodged together i imagine it would have been a bad deal. Yes i agree,keep a close eye on pups during their chewing stages. Glad yours is doin better now,Roo.

Quote from the great Will Rogers:
"If there are no dogs in heaven,when i die i want to go where they went"
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:04:57 pm »

Jimmy knows cause I called him.  My pit was missing her collar for a week. I didn't know what happened she ate pooped ok but the last three days she didn't poop I was like wtf.  Then we was all n bed n she syarted hackin I looked over to see what see threw up n it was the damn collar rabies tag n all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
kerreydw
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:10 pm »

a few years back one of our carver pits got sick took him to the vet he had ate a corn colb cost me 800.oo lol
southtexasff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 10:31:04 pm »

I bought a barking muzzle for one of my dogs. I had taken it off him and was gonna put it back on a few days later. I couldn't find it, asked my kids if they'd seen it, nope. Couple days later when I was cleaning his kennel I saw pieces of it in his crap. Guess I must have left it close enough for him to pull it under his kennel. Never bothered him, acted the same.
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 03:04:02 pm »

this boy is takin chunks off this cedar tree. I have no idea why, but he gets after it. I let him out a lot, he's not bored or in his kennel for long amounts of time to be trying to burn energy, I guess he likes to chew on this huge cedar tree for the flavor, lol
Look at the trunk and you can see for yourself

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: