September 24, 2024, 05:21:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 hunts 10 pigs  (Read 840 times)
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2013, 07:46:17 pm »

I have been fortunate enough to be in on 3 good hunts in the last 3 weeks as a guest. My ridgeback has been doing good as normal but the thing that tickeld me is my 2 redbones are doing better with every hunt. The gyp is really turning on and she is gritty and will help catch once my ridgeback gets hold of them. My male redbone is also getting better. He has some gritt to him as well but is still slow to the bay. All three dogs will find there own hog. The latest addition to my group was Thursday evening. She is a solid red (choc looking to me) catahoula about 16months old. Took her for her first hunt today (sat) and she did real good. Nose to the ground hunting staying busy and out front the whole time regardless if on foot or the wheeler. I can not say for sure but on the boar we caught today she was the first one to go in followed by a seasoned dog and 2 more started dogs. They were making their loop and I had started walking back to wheeler because 3 other dogs were starting to move out from a different spot. Just as I get to wheeler my new gyp fancy and the other 3 start baying. I drop Kane(RB/pitt) and me and christy ( wife of a friend I was hunting with) head to them. We get there Kane has an ear Toby(mountain curr) has a rear leg fancy has a mouth full of butt. Bo(catahoula) has the other ear and blue(cat) is baying and sneaking in a cheap shot here and there. It was a nice lil boar about 150 with lil 1.5" cutters. Nothing major but I was happy. We caught another 3 piglets before the day was done and stopped to eat some smoked loin we had on the smoker while we hunted. I have been blessed the last 3 weeks for only getting to go once a week.

Today

Last week

2 weeks ago

Not the best pic but this is the new girl.

Shotgun
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:28 pm »

My cousin has a cat that looks exactly like yours, pretty dog

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:29 pm »

Is your redbones full blood? I would like to see a pic of them I have a full redbone gyp

Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:28:02 am »

Both of my redbones are suppose to be crossed with curs. My gyp has more of a redbone look than the male to me. This is the female. Sorry I don't have a better pic .    
This is the male. He is shorter Hight and length. He has a blocked head with a more stocky apearance.

Shotgun
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 09:29:29 am »

I like the look of ur dog. Wish my male was built like that.

Shotgun
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:30:29 am »

Your female looks real good. I'm gonna breed mine when it comes time but Idk to what yet

dogs101
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 10:14:45 pm »

looks like he has some mt. curr in him

Jewish Swine Master
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 10:37:25 pm »

Very well could be. He's not a bad lookin dog and I like his bawl mouth but dang I wish his legs were longer or he just moved them faster. Not being half nuts would also help. Lol. Never been round but one mt curr so I don't have any experience with them. I was told he was half redbone half curr the price was free and he would bay a pig and would show me in a pen. He is as advertised. Boy is he slow tho. Watch them on the unit and the start at same spot in a short time the others run more than 100yrd out front of him. Always the last to the bay but he does help when he gets there and has a decent nose and will strike a pig.

Shotgun
dogs101
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 10:25:25 pm »

i bet i hunt with a guy that has bro ans sis both have some mt curr and strike the hell out of pigs on ground and on box  lol they are a good breed! thats a good looking dog too Grin

Jewish Swine Master
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: