October 24, 2024, 05:23:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Entry Level Oil Field or Pipeline  (Read 1173 times)
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »

Just wonderin where I can apply at. Drove all over Alice and Victoria last summer and applied to 15-20 different places but just about everyone was wantin someone with the class A cdl and I ain't old enough for the class A just yet. Would appreciate any kinda help. I went through alota older posts about it and most everything I've looked at has been wantin experienced people.. Wouldn't mind offshore work either. Just somethin to get me outa TDC makin decent money

Country boy can survive
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »

Im a pipeline welder by trade...What kinda pipeline work you interested in? Or job title?

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
payden meisner
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:04:38 pm »

loftin where r u workin im a pipeline welder as well been out of work for a month or so.And do you know anyone testing
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »

Anything really.. got some heavy equipment experience (first job was cleanin up kinder morgans right of ways) worked at a heavy equipment rental place and taught people how to run everything. Worked in a machine shop started as a helper then kept swappin between weldin and machinin dependin on the day wouldn't call myself a welder just know my way around it a lil more than some kids my age and done some time behind a hood and grinder

Country boy can survive
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:10:10 pm »

I'm workin for Troy on a 198 miles of 20in we'll be laid out in about a month... I haven't heard of much goin on but about a wk ago I heard sprint was puttin on welders around cotulla and coastal field services was needin combo welders to run their truck on a stainless an carbon job

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
JRyanS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:10:38 pm »

Just wonderin where I can apply at. Drove all over Alice and Victoria last summer and applied to 15-20 different places but just about everyone was wantin someone with the class A cdl and I ain't old enough for the class A just yet. Would appreciate any kinda help. I went through alota older posts about it and most everything I've looked at has been wantin experienced people.. Wouldn't mind offshore work either. Just somethin to get me outa TDC makin decent money

Texas Department of Corrections?
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »

Ment to put a 'J' after that. But yessir Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Used to be Texas Department of Corrections but they changed it awhile back.

Country boy can survive
JRyanS
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »

Ment to put a 'J' after that. But yessir Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Used to be Texas Department of Corrections but they changed it awhile back.

Congratulations for getting out if you were placed in there. Congratulations for getting out if you worked there as well. Lol!
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:00 pm »

I would say your best bet would be go to the contractors yard and ask to speak with superintendent or spread man and give him the reason he needs to hire you... When I first started pipelinin I musta filled out 100applications when I wanted to test...No calls ever came. A handshake and a few honest words still seem to work pretty well on the pipeline but works a Lil slow right now so it's gonna be tough to hire out maybe in a month it should double up an it'll be a lot easier to get hired out..

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 09:23:09 pm »

Naw I wasn't placed there lol tryin to find somethin else so Ill have more than just bill money

Country boy can survive
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 09:26:03 pm »

I would say your best bet would be go to the contractors yard and ask to speak with superintendent or spread man and give him the reason he needs to hire you... When I first started pipelinin I musta filled out 100applications when I wanted to test...No calls ever came. A handshake and a few honest words still seem to work pretty well on the pipeline but works a Lil slow right now so it's gonna be tough to hire out maybe in a month it should double up an it'll be a lot easier to get hired out..
Alright I appreciate it. Would you happen to know if there's any yards in east Texas?

Country boy can survive
grittydog
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:01 am »

What part of Texas do you live in?

LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 10:32:30 am »

Coastal field services, strike and sprint all have yards in Beaumont area... Ultracon has a yard off 96 in evadale.. Streamline in Kountze

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 01:19:22 pm »

Have you worked for coastal Jacob? My dad is a sight supervisor for them. He's out in rosenburg.
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 03:00:05 pm »

Ya I did a rehab job for them in Oiltanking in Nederland... Anthony sharp is a good friend of mine..

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 06:10:34 pm »

I bet you worked with dad in Nederland he was a heavy equipment operator at that time he's a fat boy name Allen Tallina. I work at the Martin plant next door to there.
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 07:32:03 pm »

I'm in crockett. Bout 30-45 minutes northeast of Huntsville

Country boy can survive
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:42 pm »

Bump

Country boy can survive