October 25, 2024, 01:25:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin 320 trouble  (Read 1274 times)
J Wolff
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:22:59 pm »

Today I turned two dogs out n they wind up baying a group of hogs up at a little over a mile away on a place I'm not supposed to be on of course so I fire out a foot with catch dog n about half a mile to getting there stupid garmin starts showing in a different direction. I recalibrate and it starts showing direction which dang near opposite. I walk a mile and a half n finally can hear them down in deep canyon. After another freaking 1/4 mile hike back in the original direction I get there.  Does this happen a lot or I just have terrible luck???

Guilty by Association
chads7376
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:03:20 am »

Today I turned two dogs out n they wind up baying a group of hogs up at a little over a mile away on a place I'm not supposed to be on of course so I fire out a foot with catch dog n about half a mile to getting there stupid garmin starts showing in a different direction. I recalibrate and it starts showing direction which dang near opposite. I walk a mile and a half n finally can hear them down in deep canyon. After another freaking 1/4 mile hike back in the original direction I get there.  Does this happen a lot or I just have terrible luck???

Welcome to my world. Im on my fifth garmin and Im fixing to send it back. Junk... But what else is there...
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 12:26:09 am »

Use the map to double check the compass. It will tell the direction when the compass lies.

A scared dog dont get no meat !
chads7376
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:30:04 am »

Use the map to double check the compass. It will tell the direction when the compass lies.

agree
J Wolff
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:15:43 am »

I didn't think about the map, but I can be on the south side of the river on my place and that map will show us on the north side of it. Almost like in a mirror everything backwards. Fixin to teach my dogs smoke signals haha

Guilty by Association
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:52:40 am »

thats crazy and super frustraiting , ive had that happen before but always contributed mine to powerlines or out of calabation , its always worked itself out ,we have always two and sometimes four of them on a hunt , weve had mine show a complete oppisite than theres bofore , WHAT , we were adding dogs also , they would add mine and i would loose it never to come back , we finally had to delete and add at the same time and it worked
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:24:56 am »

Do you have your map to set up to move or is it fixed north?  I cant stand for te map to move on my and I find it much easier for the map to stay north.  With that said, sometimes the map can be off a little.  For instance, I will be driving down a road and the map will show I am slightly off the road. 
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:43:05 am »

Are you giving the handheld and the collars time to connect with all the sats that they can before you move off from the truck? I think that's one reason folks don't get the optimum use out of their Garmins. It seems to cut way down on trouble for me if I turn everything on and lay them on the dogbox for about 5 minutes or so. Make sure that your collars are triple blinking before you put them on a dog and that the handheld has contact with each collar. I may just be lucky but I have very little trouble with mine......I spend more time on the map page than any other.....the Birdseye deal is as handy as a pocket on a shirt. Good luck with it next time.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
J Wolff
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 11:10:05 am »

Thanks for all the help. Yeah mine moves when I move gonna change that to stay north. I never look at map much just the compass and distance. I always give collars plenty of time to link up but it was misting rain n real cloudy maybe that part of it. I'm trying to download that Birdseye right now. What y'all think about river always on wrong side???

Guilty by Association
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 11:20:58 am »

I think you'll be happier with it by setting it to 'north up'. As far as the river on the wrong side,.....that's a new one on me, never had that trouble thank goodness.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
bayandcatch33
Bay Dog

Tyler Powell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 12:01:24 pm »

I just turn the collars on and garmin and it takes about 10 min to pick up on the dogs but after that is fine and make sure you hold it level

There ain't nothin like catching swine
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 12:18:32 pm »

Maybe the river on wrong side my be the same as what was already said about the GPS in correlation with the road , my boat GPS shows me on the bank going out of the creek , there GPS is off a bit , erosion maybe
7Mhunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 12:48:19 pm »

Ours did that on one collar one time not sure if it done it since my dad uses the 320 i use my 220 and like it better than the 320

-Cowgirl up or go sit in the truck-
J Wolff
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 01:14:26 pm »

Dang this is an act of congress trying to get this Birdseye view. Paid for it now it says download this download that here there everywhere n bam!!! Still no satellite imagery. Why the crap gotta be so complicated?

Guilty by Association
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 05:10:35 pm »

Still better than a quick track so stop cryin lol
Demondoggers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 06:21:43 pm »

If you watch the numbers that tells you how far they are instead of looking at the direction it works better.

Hell Hounds are loose!
J Wolff
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 07:11:13 pm »

Do you have to have an sd card to transfer satellite image to garmin or will it just save it in memory??? And will it show up under maps?

Guilty by Association
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 11:19:35 am »

Jwolff.....go to Youtube and watch some of the videos on downloading the Birdseye.....it's not that hard. Just take your time and you can do it.

J Wolff
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »

Appreciate it firemedic. You tube made it easy

Guilty by Association
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15:03 am »

It sure helped me out.....glad to help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: