September 25, 2024, 05:32:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pistol question?  (Read 2045 times)
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:15:59 pm »

Sold my tourus .40 a few months back and I'm looking to get another pistol to carry hunting (its not going to be a show pistol). My tourus was well worth the money I paid but I h e found a dealer that sales hi point pistols and he has a few .40 cal hi point pistols in stock. My hunting buddy has a ,45 hi point and never had trouble out of it and it has been submerged and in mud several times. Can anyone else vouche for the hi point pistols?

!YELLA PRIDE!
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »

I've got a hi point 40 and love it. Never jams and I put that ring sight on it and I'm dead accurate. I ain't very good at shootin pistols either but I'm good with it. I'd definitely buy one. And hell they're cheap enough that you ain't gotta baby it. If it breaks grab another one.
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:44:14 pm »

The first pistol I owned was a Hi-Point.  It had its share of problems and just seemed loose.  My opinion if I'm gonna depend on a gun I wouldn't depend on a hi point to get me out of a jam.  Just my .02

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 06:11:29 pm »

Glock 23  will never let you down

Smiling like a killer
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 06:33:23 pm »

I've got a hi point 40 and love it. Never jams and I put that ring sight on it and I'm dead accurate. I ain't very good at shootin pistols either but I'm good with it. I'd definitely buy one. And hell they're cheap enough that you ain't gotta baby it. If it breaks grab another one.
and that's what I'm going for, cheap but still dependible. I'd love to spend 6-700$ on a nice one but until my child support(1350$ a month) is reevaluated ill be going cheap.

!YELLA PRIDE!
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »

No doubt i mean don't get me wrong I want an xdm but don't have the cash at the moment.
jfork
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »

I haven't owned hi point but do some research lots of negative reviews.. I have a rock island armory 1911.. U can pick up a gi model at a good price and mine has been nothing but realiable.. And it's a .45
wldchld4
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 08:53:03 pm »

Smith and Wesson sd40 is a great gun and price around 325 new
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »

Thanks for the other brands guys. Ill look into them and find some reviews. I've been wanting a 1911 for a long time but couldn't find one under 400$ ill be sure to look I to all the suggestions before I make a for sure decision.

!YELLA PRIDE!
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 01:09:36 am »

I've never owned a hi point, but I have shot a few and have several friends that own them. It seems like a luck of the draw, get what you pay for issue with them. For their price, quality control has to be obviously lacking somewhere. Some friends say its the best money they ever spent, and others say they wasted their money. Sounds to me like your taking a chance when buying one.

For me , if my life ever depends on it, I pray I have one of my Glocks within reach. I only have a 19 and 23 right now, but  I've owned a mess of them and never had a hiccup out of any of them. There is a reason the majority of LEO's carry Glocks. They are simple to use and maintain, and they go bang every time you ask them to.  And with a dremel buffer, and a spring change, you can get a really good trigger pull out of them.

I understand that money is an issue, but to me, skimping on a cheap gun would be the same as skimping on some sub par knock off  cut gear for your catch dog. WTO me it just ain't worth takin the chance.

Show me a good loser and I will show you A loser!!
curdogs3006
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 06:24:25 am »

I got a hi point 9 mm and Love it.

Think that for the money it is worth big time.

My 2 cents.

GOIN AFTER THE BIG ONE "COME ON"
bird
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 09:25:55 am »

I've never owned a hi point, but I have shot a few and have several friends that own them. It seems like a luck of the draw, get what you pay for issue with them. For their price, quality control has to be obviously lacking somewhere. Some friends say its the best money they ever spent, and others say they wasted their money. Sounds to me like your taking a chance when buying one.

For me , if my life ever depends on it, I pray I have one of my Glocks within reach. I only have a 19 and 23 right now, but  I've owned a mess of them and never had a hiccup out of any of them. There is a reason the majority of LEO's carry Glocks. They are simple to use and maintain, and they go bang every time you ask them to.  And with a dremel buffer, and a spring change, you can get a really good trigger pull out of them.

I understand that money is an issue, but to me, skimping on a cheap gun would be the same as skimping on some sub par knock off  cut gear for your catch dog. WTO me it just ain't worth takin the chance.

x2 I would much rather rely on my glock any day of the week
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 09:37:23 am »

I have a hi point 9. I like it.
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 09:46:15 am »

The first pistol I owned was a Hi-Point.  It had its share of problems and just seemed loose.  My opinion if I'm gonna depend on a gun I wouldn't depend on a hi point to get me out of a jam.  Just my .02

Same here my jammed etc if I was gonna take doggin for backup it wouldnt b a highpoint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
Southla777
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 09:51:36 am »

I guess maybe some are good some are bad because my brother in law has one an that thing jammed up almost evrytime we shot it and it didn't seem very well put together not knocking it just saying from what I saw if there all like that then I would save and buy something more reliable.
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 11:50:28 am »

I've got a little bit of everything and always stayed away from cheap stuff but a buddy of mine bought me a Hi-Point 45 and I have tried to wear it out and can't do it. It's accurate and has never jammed. I let me wife and grandma use it when they got their CHL and they both did awesome and neither of them had had any practice. Considering how cheap they are, you really can't say that it's a poor investment.

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 11:55:25 am »

From what I'm getting on here the high point is hit or miss. Lot of reviews were great and alot were bad. One review said to buy three of them and one would work, just take the other two back for a return haha laugh
I e always wanted a model 1911 so I might just save more money and get one. Seen alot of good reviews on the RI 1911 and it has a reasonable price.

!YELLA PRIDE!
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 12:18:20 pm »

It's impossible to go wrong with a 1911. I've got a few Kimbers and Colts. Would love to have an STI. They've been tested and proven for over 100 years.

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
jfork
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 12:42:19 pm »

Here is my RIA Tactical sporting a pair of VZ grips... I really like the pistol had it about 5 years... Couple thousand rounds threw it.  I need to get a different holster.  The thumb break doesn't allow for "cocked & lock"  condition.

Irondog87
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »

Here is my RIA Tactical sporting a pair of VZ grips... I really like the pistol had it about 5 years... Couple thousand rounds threw it.  I need to get a different holster.  The thumb break doesn't allow for "cocked & lock"  condition.

A buddy of mine has one and I've shot it a few times and I really like the handle of the gun and the accuracy! Jfork I think I'll be a RIA 1911 owner in the future for sure.

!YELLA PRIDE!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: