June 26, 2024, 04:34:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Flannel dog food  (Read 983 times)
Hillcountry-hog dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:09:41 am »

Does anyone feed this dog food? Or has fed it? Good and bad.  Thanks
b.b.b kennels
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:20:23 pm »

Red flannel's got several different formulas. I would stay away from the canine select and Adult, most working dogs will not reach their daily energy needs off these two. The Prime and Active are higher in energy but cost as much as a good bag of Diamond or Sportmix. Fed red flannel for a bit but my dogs seemed to have a lot more crap from it and also got that stale, fatty look.

say what you want about my family or friends but you leave my dog the hell out of this-F.D.R.
BBBB hoggers
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:26:34 pm »

I tried a few bags and my dogs wouldn't eat it and what little they did gave them the loose stool
Gabriel B
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:30:06 am »

I feed it and have fed it for along time now, it keeps my dogs up to look, and I don't have to feed them as much of it in a feeding. My dogs love it. I feed the red flannel red, I don't like the green bag near as much. But I for sure give the red flannel red a thumbs up. I fed the sports mix blue bag, black bag, and a few different selections of diamond and I don't like them near as much.

Gabriel Burtchell
Hermleigh Tx
325-574-5134
Hillcountry-hog dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 06:59:40 am »

Thanks for the info.
hillcountry
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 11:28:22 pm »

Lonnie i fed it for a bit . My dogs looked good but thier stool wasloose and my pens stunk so bad my girl would not even feed. I switched to sportsmix 24/20 black bag thier stool is like a rock and  have little smell. Best feeed ive ever fed my dogs are bouncing off the roof of kennels, jp and i get it at the outpost in utopia.

If your scared you can ride in my pocket.
Hillcountry-hog dogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 08:48:34 am »

I get sports mix from outpost to. I was just in sabinal at feed store an they were trying to make me a deal on that redflannel feed.  But ill just stay with sports mix,  its best ive ever fed to. Thanks Pete.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: