October 03, 2024, 06:26:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Plotts  (Read 4357 times)
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 11:45:23 pm »

I'm gonna have to try some plots one of these days. Haven't really hunted with any. I could care less if a dog is open as long as it's fast. I grew up with walkers on deer and keep thinking about going back to them on hogs if I can get hold of the ones like we had. There is something about hearing a race and knowing when the song changes it's a done deal.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Juan Horton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 05:36:24 pm »

I totally agree, I run all Plotts and I like em to sound off
Break Stick
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 06:56:20 pm »

I run Plotts here in Georgia and  really enjoy them . If anyone plans on start running Plotts I would suggest you get them from Big Game Breed of Plotts .
sethmcalex
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 08:21:54 pm »

I run Plotts here in Georgia and  really enjoy them . If anyone plans on start running Plotts I would suggest you get them from Big Game Breed of Plotts .

Blow up that profile pic so we can have a better look at those brindle dogs in the background!

Seth McAlexander

Palo Duro Plott Dogs
Bonnie_Clyde
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »

Never owned a plott but want to get a pup from some jam  up hog plott hunters. I know Cajun seems to be the pups I'm looking for but he doesn't have anything right know. Any of you plott guys have info. On were to get a rough pup to purchase?
Juan Horton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 11:49:33 am »

I have a pup from Cajun and love her. My buddy tenon hillbilly might still have some. I have a buddy in Oklahoma named Steve that owns Chicolte Plott kennels and they are pretty good dogs.
DOGMAN HOLLIS
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 12:12:06 pm »

does anyone run white deer kennel plotts , Dr. Burketts dogs ?  i hear they are pretty good dogs
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 02:45:00 pm »

I've had two of Mr Burkets dogs.  Both were good dogs.  I still have one.  Nice, tall, open trail/bay dog.  Not real gritty and not real fast, but he will find hogs.  Mr Burket puts out a lot of dogs, but they seem to work for the most part.
Jimt3
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 07:09:16 pm »

We run two Burkett plotts. Like em both alot, good handling and hate a pig. Great noses. He's a nice guy that'll answer any question. I recommend you give him a shout, he'll talk plotts for hours.
sethmcalex
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 04:14:42 pm »

Started out the other morning at 2 degrees and it never got above 10 all day.  Turned loose on a rig strike that ended up being a few sows with shoats.  They went about .75 miles and stretched a 125 sow.  On the way to them I saw another sow fly across the road.  Stuck the first sow and quickly cut her up.  I then loaded up and was turned loose on the second sow with in a half hour or a little more.  She had a pretty good head start.  An hour or so into the race I started hearing coyotes barking in among the running dogs.  I've never had much trouble with coyotes.  I guess they are getting ready to breed because they were extremely territorial today.  Another hour or so rolled along and I was starting to second guess the hounds because of the way they were running on the garmin.  They where headed for a road crossing so i decided i was just going to catch them.  They wouldn't have any part of that.  About another hundred yards and they where caught in a nasty thicket right off the road that you could hardly move through except for crawling.  I finally got into them and got the second sow stuck.  I slowly drug her out got her cut up.  I went down the road a ways to water the dogs and then came back by the the carcass about 15 minutes later.  There stands one of the coyotes just daring me.  I was wishing I had had a long gun.  I cut a nice boar track later in the day and turned loose again.  I went back up the road the direction I had just come from and saw that 3 or 4 coyotes had crossed my track going in towards the dogs.  Once again, the coyotes got to harassing them.  I finally ended up catching them and called it a day. 

Second Sow

Seth McAlexander

Palo Duro Plott Dogs
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 05:14:09 pm »

Looks good Seth.  That hunting in 10 degrees sounds ruff.
sethmcalex
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2014, 09:02:00 pm »

Its been pretty cold.  Not that uncommon to be lion hunting in that kind of weather but I don't usually hog hunt in it.  10 degrees isn't too bad as long as the wind isn't blowing.

Seth McAlexander

Palo Duro Plott Dogs
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 07:52:24 am »

Seth, good looking dogs. How big do your dogs run? I saw a young dog that Ed Devasco sp.? had out of James Brown Slate dog. He was the perfect size for me. He was around 55# & perfect conformation. I think If memory serves me right, Slate came from you???

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
sethmcalex
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 09:49:28 am »

In hard running shape, my females will go 50-55 and males about 60-65.  Slate was whelped here and gave him to James at about 6 months old.  He was back out hear as an older dog and was bear hunted here.  He was a fine dog to hunt behind.  I still have one sister to him.

Seth McAlexander

Palo Duro Plott Dogs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: