October 03, 2024, 08:26:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with a cut dog  (Read 638 times)
Rocking Y
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:18:53 am »

Has anyone ever had a male dog get cut close to his male parts and his member started swelling up?
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:15:37 am »

yeah had an ol bluetick hound get a pretty good cut on his sheath going thru a barb wire fence when I was a youngster .  took him to the vet and he put a couple stiches in it and put the dog on anti-biotics [ penn ]   of course the stiches got pulled out by the dog but he kept it clean licking on it and it healed up fine .  just check it good and make sure it stays clean and give the dog some anti-biotics and make sure the cut isn't too deep and hit something important . there are a lot of blood vessels in that area .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Rocking Y
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:23:24 am »

He's been licking it like crazy. I closed it up just enough to where we can keep stuff from getting in it but still be able to let it drain out. I hit him with some penicillin and now I'm just waiting to see how he's gonna turn out

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
rusty boar
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:57:51 am »

He should be fine.  had a bulldog that had his sac ripped open by a hog.  we had to push his testicals back in and sew hi cls sac back closed. needless to say i was alittle nervous during the process. dog never made a peep.  but he was soar as hell for a couple of weeks.  i think i had sympthy pain.
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 11:03:08 am »

I got one now that got his man part cut bad I put all back together and it mostly healed up. His sheath has a hole in that never healed but he acts fine with it but it does look like it could get uncomfortable in a briar patch. And I have another that got his sack cut last year I put three staples in it and it healed up good no problems
Rocking Y
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 12:33:33 am »

Well hopefully it all works out. He's acting fine right now, he even still tried to go to a gyp that I have in heat because I wasn't paying attention to him. Thanks for all the help, I was kinda getting nervous when I first seen it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: