October 20, 2024, 05:57:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Times a Changing!  (Read 769 times)
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:13:01 pm »

You know I have always tired to be respectful to the next hunter for as long as I been hunting but with these days and times they are a changing and a changing fast.  For the last two three years I have tired to go by the old school code but that just dont seem to work no more these days.  So it is either change with the times are get left behind.  By all of this I mean if I have permission to hunt on a place and their are other hunters also hunting the place I tired like hell to not to interfear with their hunts .  Now if seems like thats all we do is try to respect others but in place seem to get no respect ourselves .  So with all of this said , I have decided that if I got permission to hunt on a place just like the others am a going and so be it if I interfear with another persons hunt .  Now a days It seems if you worry to much about all this kinds of stuff you will just be doing just that sitting home on your ass and other people hunting and not giving a flying F if you are hunting are not .  So beware around my area if I got permission to hunt these places which I got a ton am threw with all the good ole boy BS.  it just dont work these days and times . If I got permission I will be there and if you got a problem with it we can work it out on the spot eye ball to eye ball .  The good ole boy days are over .  Its just crazy man so hell be it I can be just as crazy and stupid as the next person wants to get .  Everybody and their ten kids now days seem to have a hog dog .  All the good ole boy is over with me !

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
LAhogger84
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:25:14 pm »

Sounds like u had some bad run ins lately
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:25:24 pm »

Yeah it's a shame. I know what you're saying for sure. It's kinda like that in ALL aspects of life, not even just hunting!

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
kds
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:31:12 pm »

Yea I say to the heck with everybody else if you have permission to hunt it and there are other hunters out there, I say it is first come first serve to who gets to hunt it that day. Heck we now that they go other spots that they can go and hunt on so they can just go on down the road to there other spot if they want to hunt or they can take there ass back to the house.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:31:44 pm »

I have a place like urs. Several people have permission. When it gets hot I'm the only one willing to help the guy out. In the spring tho never fails. I show up and there are 15 rigs already there. I have gone somewhere else the last time. Either I'm gonna hunt it when it's good or they can hunt it when it's hot as well.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 12:43:08 pm »

Its just ridiculous really.  You know I have permission to a lots of a lots of places around here and I have not hunted on them because others hunt there and tired to be respectfull in that way.  It dont work anymore hell there is people that hunt places I have had for years now  and I have never said a word really because if the owner says they can hunt well they can hunt just the way I looked at it.  It done got old !  So what is good for the goose is good for the gander .  Its not just one place either it several and it just seems to get more and more people as the years go on .  So the hell with it !  If I want to go am going and I aint looking out for the next guy are gonna call him and tell him whats your huntin schedule because I really dont give a chit no more why should I .  I aint gonna listen to no bunch of lieing BS if I got permission and I want to go am going if the other guy dont like it all I can say is tuff chit !  The good ole boy way just dont work no more.  Sure if a man tells me he is gonna hunt that place in the morning and I know it sure I wont go I aint that sorry but if I go out there and somebody shows up and gets pissed all I can say hey I got permission just like  you ,  you wanna call the land owner are what you wanna do .    It just done got old .

TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 01:33:42 pm »

What am saying is this... If I got permission to hunt a place and I drive up and you are hunting it already sure am gonna drive on by am not that sorry to drop dogs on top of somebody that is already hunting.

What I am saying........If I got permission to hunt a place and have had it for years "not no back door ya" you can bet am gonna hunt it .  It dont matter to me no more if you been hunting it 25 yrs .  Which I have permission to hunt a lot of these kinds of places around here and have had it for no telling how long I just aint hunted them out of respect to other hunters but that aint happening with me no more  .  As they say a few bad apples can ruin the whole damn basket well this basket done went SOUR !   Owner says hunt am hunting it at one time are another  !

I have not had any run in's with people this year are any year really because I have respected people but as the years have went on this has gotton worse and worse and now Am done with it .   

sdillard
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »

If you have that many other places to hunt why would you go hunt a place where there might be trouble...I wouldn't want to deal with any trouble on a hunt and I dang sure wont want something to happen to one of my dogs bc of my stubbornness. All I want to do when I hunt is have a good time not have all kinds of BS.  JMO

Work on em son, work on em
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: