September 20, 2024, 03:30:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decoying for totes  (Read 1139 times)
Bigboy84
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:54:36 pm »

I've seen a few post on this and it really caught my attention and was
Curious to how it's done if any one wouldn't mind sharing  it with me

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigboy84
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:57:25 pm »

Sorry spell checker did it again
     YOTES is what meant!

5J Kennels
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:30:19 am »

I have an eletronic call that i use. I normally go out and shoot me a rabbit oe some small critter to use as a bait/decoy. I have also used a turkey decoy out with the call.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 10:49:01 am »

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:50:53 am »

go look up jglynn4912  on u-tube  or www.predatortalk.com has a decoy dog section that could help you out . lots of video's on there .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
SaltyhoggerJr
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:43:19 pm »

Check out Montana doggers on youtube.
Bigboy84
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »

Thanks

CutNShootHD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 08:02:21 pm »

Ive used a remote controlled truck with a stuffed animal strapped to the top in combination with an electric caller.   Its fairly effective, not to mention fun to drive that thing around  Smiley
Adam G
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 08:21:25 pm »

Decoy dogs are used when calling for coyotes in the daytime.  Just a typical daytime set up using a mouth caller or an electric caller.  The decoy dog is used out in front of the guy calling anywhere from 50 to 150 plus yards depending on area and dog training.  The decoy dog should just work back and forth while you are calling so the coyotes will see the movement.  The dog’s job is to get the attention of the coyote or group of coyotes.  Once the coyotes see the dog they are suppose the chase the dog.  Once the dog recognized the coyotes are running towards it the dog starts working its way back to the guys calling (the guys with the guns).  Once the coyotes get within range they shoot them.  They are used as a decoy and also help draw in those coyotes that may try to hang up. 

The guys that use decoy dogs are usually in areas that are wide open.  Areas that have a very large field of view so the coyote can see the dogs and vice versa. 

Like some of the guys mentioned above.  Check out youtube.  There are some cool videos of decoy dogs working. 
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 08:26:38 am »

Decoy dogs are used when calling for coyotes in the daytime.  Just a typical daytime set up using a mouth caller or an electric caller.  The decoy dog is used out in front of the guy calling anywhere from 50 to 150 plus yards depending on area and dog training.  The decoy dog should just work back and forth while you are calling so the coyotes will see the movement.  The dog’s job is to get the attention of the coyote or group of coyotes.  Once the coyotes see the dog they are suppose the chase the dog.  Once the dog recognized the coyotes are running towards it the dog starts working its way back to the guys calling (the guys with the guns).  Once the coyotes get within range they shoot them.  They are used as a decoy and also help draw in those coyotes that may try to hang up. 

The guys that use decoy dogs are usually in areas that are wide open.  Areas that have a very large field of view so the coyote can see the dogs and vice versa. 

Like some of the guys mentioned above.  Check out youtube.  There are some cool videos of decoy dogs working. 

i seen that on tv one time it was pretty neat watching how them dogs would lure them in, the people was using mt currs and if the dogs noticed the coyote turn back the other way they would run to it and pesture it to get em chasing them again until the hunter could get a shot off

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: