October 13, 2024, 11:32:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Barr hogs  (Read 977 times)
DeeDee
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:03:19 pm »

2-20-19
Went to a place I haven’t hunted very much, for what reason I do not know just hadn’t. Dumped out at a feeder where the occasional boar hog would show up about once a week. Dogs didn’t do much but my blondie boy dog stayed gone like he was cold trailing something. We left him and went to the back of the place. Hurc and some puppies start a hog and Suzie fell in. Caught a spotted sow and a shoat. They roll over and bay and when we get there it is a big hog. He sees us and runs at us and I give him the bull dog. She hangs him about 40 yards away. It’s a Barr hog that weights every bit of 3. They roll over 100 yards away catch a boar hog with one decent tooth. Dogs roll over again send the bull dog it 2 Barr’s bayed together she hangs one the other breaks. They roll over bull dog hangs him. The dogs roll over again and bay.  My bulldog is young dog that I haven’t started runnin a vest on yet and she got a pretty nasty cut on the neck with the first Barr hog so I made the decision to run back to my house and get another bulldog (Diesel). (Hour round trip) Get back and my blondie boy dog is bayed 2 miles from the other dogs. We go to him catch a good sow and boar hog pick him up and go back to where we had been catching the Barr’s and they are still bayed. Go in there catch another Barr. Dogs roll over and have a big hog bayed on a bluff bank. Send diesel he hangs him. By this time it is 430pm the dog are give out. The total came out to be 10 hogs, 5 of which were Barr’s. Dang sure a hunt that I’ll never forget. We got luck with only having a few dogs cut up and nothing getting killed. All on low fence free range hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 10:55:51 pm »

Dang good hunt. Sounds like those dogs were working right

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 04:24:53 am »

Helluva hunt man! A lot of ivory for one hunt. Glad your dogs came out of it ok!

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 05:10:51 am »

Sheeesh. I wouldn’t know how to act! Damn fine hogs, sounds like the dogs was on it!!

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 07:04:12 am »

Those kind of hunts only come around once in a while it seems. Those are some fine hogs.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 04:56:18 pm »

Is that white english bull terrier looking dog your female that got hit in the neck? Good lookin lil cd
RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 07:32:20 pm »

Heck of a hunt.  Good job!
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 07:58:48 pm »

Heck of a hunt sure don't happen like that very often sounds like them dogs was working good to

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 08:31:01 pm »

Dang.......now that’s a hunt y’all won’t forget!! 5 barr hogs in a single hunt is AWESOME!

Lake Haven Kennels
DeeDee
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 10:04:46 pm »

Is that white english bull terrier looking dog your female that got hit in the neck? Good lookin lil cd
She’s half dogo half pit

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: